Talk

Advanced search

can i give my 12 month old milk in france ???

(6 Posts)
jchandler Fri 15-Aug-08 20:20:08

Can anyone help?? i have recently weined my 12 month old daughter onto cows milk (no probs), but are travelling to France for 4 days in a few weeks. Is it ok to continue giving French Full fat milk to her or should i bring milk from the UK?

Also, does anyone know at what age, babies can have baked beans?

Greatful for advice.

AnybodyHomeMcFly Fri 15-Aug-08 20:24:14

I don't know for sure about the French milk but I would be hugely surprised if there were any probs - cows is cows afaik and as long as it's pasteurised I don't see a prob (we took DS to Italy when he was 14mo and had no probs with milk)

And baked beans are a bit salty but once in a while will be no probs. DS 18mo has them about once a week.

falcon Fri 15-Aug-08 20:24:43

I'm sure there's nothing wrong with French milk, so long as it's pasteurised it should be fine.

And I believe if babies/toddlers are consuming milk they are supposed to have full fat milk.

Baked beans will be fine for her now, but I'd keep an eye on the sodium content, however having them occasionally won't hurt and they are a good source of protein.

AMumInScotland Fri 15-Aug-08 20:27:43

French milk is pasteurised, so perfectly safe. I've heard comments that there is more UHT there, but I didn't encounter any.

bristols Fri 15-Aug-08 20:29:16

French milk is fine. They drink a lot of UHT stuff over there but you will find fresh stuff in the chiller section. The full fat is red and the semi skimmed blue so the opposite of ours!
We travel to France quite a bit as my parents live there and we have never encountered any problems.

Beans are fine occasionally especially if you get the ones that have reduced sugar and salt.

jchandler Fri 15-Aug-08 20:41:56

thankyou thankyou sooo much. This is my first experience with mums net, and what a great and useful tool it is. Wasnt expecting a reply for days!!!

Feel reassured that full fat french milk will be fine smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now