Talk

Advanced search

so chocolate sponges cooked for pirate cake, can I start decc'ing now if party not till Saturday? Buttercream?

(6 Posts)
dandycandyjellybean Thu 14-Aug-08 17:26:14

Will I have to keep it in the fridge if so, coz it's gonna be big and I don't have room. Would a cold utility room do?

dandycandyjellybean Thu 14-Aug-08 17:52:40

SqueakyPop Thu 14-Aug-08 17:54:50

You can keep the undecorated sponges wrapped in an airtight container - it will keep for 2 days.

dandycandyjellybean Thu 14-Aug-08 18:06:46

thanks sp, but meant could I start putting the buttercream on and decorating i.e. would the buttercream go off by Saturday?

Pisha Thu 14-Aug-08 18:13:37

Not sure if it will go off but I would leave the decorating till the night before. Plus if its a big cake, the longer you leave it to do then the longer it will keep for after iyswim.

What sort of pirate cake are you making? I made a big pirate ship cake for my ds1 a few weeks ago, it took alot of eating but I we did our best!! grin

dandycandyjellybean Thu 14-Aug-08 18:39:56

Thanks pisha, you're right. Have made some buttercream but that will keep in the fridge okay. Am making a princess cake too, so will be busy tomorrow night! See the thread earlier on about coffee buttercream, it's all in there about the cake. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now