Talk

Advanced search

Help, idiot proof recipe for Pavlova please !!

(10 Posts)
VaginaShmergina Thu 14-Aug-08 17:18:39

Am going to a friends on Saturday and said I would take a pud. Agreed on a Pavlova.

Have made them before but with a varying degree of success.

Anybody have a recipe that I simply cannot balls up?

hanaflower Thu 14-Aug-08 17:20:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BBBee Thu 14-Aug-08 17:27:24

boring old delia is a fail safe for me.

florenceuk Thu 14-Aug-08 17:29:19

ooh ooh I made the best pavlova the otehr day, and the thing that was the difference was that I did not heat the oven up to high first, but put it on medium heat from the start. This seemed to result in maximum amount of marshmallow stuff. Australian Women's Weekly also says to make sure the sugar is dissolved thoroughly.

Nigel Slater suggests making them in a cake tin if that might also help.

Flier Thu 14-Aug-08 17:29:24

oh, this was on "This morning" today, will get the link........

YumeeMumee Thu 14-Aug-08 17:32:47

you could always either try to make pavlova and if it doesn't turn out right, make it into eton mess....or buy ready made pavlova bases and still make eton mess....very, very yummy!

Break up pavlova's and then mix with whipping cream and strawberries and/or raspberries (and indeed any other summer fruits) and we also add small marshmellows for added yumminess! Very easy and tastes fab grin

Delia has a recipe for this too - here it is www.deliaonline.com/recipes/eton-mess,1395,RC.html

Flier Thu 14-Aug-08 17:34:27

www.itv.com/thismorning/

only seems to be a video link now, I printed off the recipe this morning.sad

popsycal Thu 14-Aug-08 17:35:16

nigella's

VaginaShmergina Thu 14-Aug-08 18:00:40

Thank you everyone.

YummeeMummee am loving the sound of the Eton Mess a la Marshmallows, may just have to fail in order to make that !!!

BBBee Thu 14-Aug-08 18:59:50

eton mess is a great fail safe for when pavolva goes wrong!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now