Talk

Advanced search

Where do u shop?

(28 Posts)
Jambuttie Thu 14-Aug-08 15:59:01

Following on from another thread where do u all do your food shopping?

Every1 is feeling the pinch at the moment so would be nice to see if we can help each other save the pennies.

I normally go to asda and have just priced this weeks shopping- which consists of fruit, veg, lenor, vaporesse some herbs, juice and crisps for school and it's £83shock

Not sure whether I should go elsewhere too see if I can get cheaper. Normally get fruit n veg weekly from local food co-op but lately it hasnt been the best quality

sarah293 Thu 14-Aug-08 16:02:35

Message withdrawn

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Thu 14-Aug-08 16:05:46

butchers for meat, local store for cleaning produce as it seems to be very cheap which is strange for a local shop hmm, green grocers for fruit and veg. used to be tesco for everything else but dh has started winning asda vouchers from work grin

herons frozen food shop <maybe just a northern thing?> is v good for cheap dairy and frozen food too.

HonoriaGlossop Thu 14-Aug-08 16:53:29

I shop on-line with Ocado. Three of us in the family, me DH and DS. Costs between £55 and £75 a week.

Love2bake Thu 14-Aug-08 17:08:41

Mainly waitrose.

Sainsburys and Tesco a bit.

wasabipeanut Thu 14-Aug-08 17:10:28

Meat, fish and veg at Waitose and farmers market and dh's dad who works at a farm.

Tins, nappies, bulky stuff - Tesco or wherever I spot offers.

annaje Thu 14-Aug-08 17:29:59

If I'm feeling flush - I do love Waitrose - its always such a pleasant shop to walk around - its a different world to Asda. Today I had an online delivery from Tesco - don't like them much, but I can't take another trip around the shops with the kids. Sainsburys is good but pricey and we have a local Morrisons (good for offers) and an Asda too (I love their indian food in there). So basically I need all of the above for different reasons.... When I come back from holiday I am going to start up the veg and meat box scheme and do the rest online once a month and see if that helps the pennies.

SqueakyPop Thu 14-Aug-08 17:56:04

Sainsbury's and Costco

CvQ Thu 14-Aug-08 17:56:49

tesco

muggglewump Thu 14-Aug-08 18:06:50

Tesco, Farmfoods (fab shop and not all crap) and Asda.
The small town I live in has a Tesco Metro, Co-Op and Farmfoods. I avoid Co-Op as it's expensive, Tesco is OK and Farmfoods have some good things. The milk is cheap, fishfingers, oven chips, cereals, condiments etc are so much cheaper than anywhere else.
I buy my toiletries in Semichem.

I do an Asda online once a month though to stock up. The other shops are for top ups

MadameCastafiore Thu 14-Aug-08 18:09:24

Ocado and M & S - more expensive but I find I only buy what I need and don;thave to throw manky fruit and veg away like when I shopped from Tesco or Sainsbury.

MadameCastafiore Thu 14-Aug-08 18:09:25

Ocado and M & S - more expensive but I find I only buy what I need and don;thave to throw manky fruit and veg away like when I shopped from Tesco or Sainsbury.

beansmum Thu 14-Aug-08 18:09:33

asda once a week and the co op for any extras between times. I spent £25 at asda yesterday and will prob spend another £5-£10 on milk, fruit and stuff I have forgotten during the week.

candyfluff Thu 14-Aug-08 18:30:40

id love to say waitrose and m&s but sadly im gonna have to say tesco................boo hoo

poshtottie Thu 14-Aug-08 18:44:52

as dh is away I tend to shop in Waitrose as am spending less, though today went to Tescos as it is easier to park.

morethanyoubargainfor Thu 14-Aug-08 18:50:57

River nene farm for veg and fruit £20 per week including del.

Ethical superstore for all ecover produts and tinned food,£70 every 4 months including del

Meat from butchers £80 per 6-8 weeks

Milk from milkman £12 per week

Local health food shop for soya stuff, suncream and ds fruity bars and juice for linche boxes £38 per month.

Bread from local shop £3 per week.

There is me, DH and DS not sure how much it works out on a weekly basis but whn we gave up supermarkewts last November we were saving around £150 per month on food bills.

Jojay Thu 14-Aug-08 18:55:00

An Aldi convert here.

I've got my weekly shop down from £70 - £80 at Tesco / Asda to £50 / £60 at Aldi.

There's a few things I have to go elsewhere for though, Pampers and Shredded Wheat spring to mind.

Definitely worthwhile though.

morethanyoubargainfor Thu 14-Aug-08 18:57:33

Just worked it out at roughly £46 per week, so much less than i thought.

lucysmam Thu 14-Aug-08 20:40:30

Asda and netto for proper fortnightly shops then depending how far I can be bothered to go for top ups, co-op at end of the street, tesco up the road or netto at the other end of the village. Spend around £40 per fortnight for everything plus top ups around £20 throughout the 2 weeks between shops

yomellamoHelly Thu 14-Aug-08 20:46:59

Tesco recently. But last night's meat was rubbish and totally spoilt our evening meal.

Jambuttie Fri 15-Aug-08 08:17:32

Well last night on way home from Scottish Slimmer and needed to get shopping( went all prepared with my list)

Went to Aldi and was £36 and then asda £35 so splitting it between shops I saved a tennergrin

Although not sure I can go from shop to shop each week lol

I get my meat etc normally from costco - but it in bulk and it last months.

Lizzylou Fri 15-Aug-08 08:21:09

Tescos or Ocado with meat from farm shop and butchers, milk from milkman

SpandexIsMyEnemy Fri 15-Aug-08 08:29:47

am considering icelands and somerfield as it's our local ones, with the butchers & veg shop as well. but not sure if they take my HE vouchers or not.

any thoughts on what they're like - will load up the pushchair so will save the money on fuel there as can walk. won't be getting meat form icelands.

VictorianSqualor Fri 15-Aug-08 08:35:23

Normally fortnightly online with Tesco(about £160), it's the only supermarket in my town, but we're going to try Lidl in the city tonight as everyone keeps raving about it and just get a veg box delivered the week we don't do a big shop.

Jambuttie Fri 15-Aug-08 09:06:54

Somerfields so expensive in our area. HE is that healthy start vouchers? Know our somerfield and food co-op take them sure most placed do now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now