Talk

Advanced search

I have some frozen fish, what can I do with it instead of a fish pie?

(14 Posts)
lucysmam Thu 14-Aug-08 15:02:03

which is what I usually do with fish. There's 4 fillets of white fish although not entirely sure what kind as my dad bought them last weekend, froze them and then decided he didn't want them so brought them to me this morning!

RubySlippers Thu 14-Aug-08 15:07:09

fish cakes?

lucysmam Thu 14-Aug-08 15:12:00

ooh, i have a thai fishcake recipe somewhere Ruby, good thinking! Cheers

Them with some salad I think, job sorted! smile

Arbuthnot Thu 14-Aug-08 15:13:13

Mix together grated cheese, big dollop of mustard and enough creme fraiche/yoghurt/cream to bind it into a paste the thickness of marzipan. Squidge on top of fish and bake in the oven until the fish is no longer translucent when you try to flake it. The sauce goes all runny and it is gorgeous! Good with mash or baked potato and veg or salad.

lucysmam Thu 14-Aug-08 15:15:26

<drool> that sounds tasty too! i'm guna be bursting with too many ideas again!!

fruittea Thu 14-Aug-08 15:21:31

Thai fish curry?

LazyLinePainterJane Thu 14-Aug-08 15:24:32

I would do fishcakes, or add some veg and puff pastry and make a pie like that.

lucysmam Thu 14-Aug-08 15:32:12

never made fish pie with pastry, usually just do it with mash on top. that might be worth trying as well.

fruittea, not sure how i'd do a fish curry so will google to see how easy it is as my capabilities are a bit limited, i'm still learning.

LazyLinePainterJane Thu 14-Aug-08 15:50:45

I do a salmon and broccoli pie with a thick white sauce for lubricant (!) in a puff pastry, tis yummy.

Easy as well if you use ready rolled. grin

Notquitegrownup Mon 18-Aug-08 17:43:36

Lightly cook mushrooms and then pop the fish and mushrooms into the oven in half an inch of white wine. Add a few cherry tomatoes and bake for 30 mins. Absolutely delish.

lucysmam Mon 18-Aug-08 19:38:17

NotQuiteGrownUp, I will try that one when I next have a bottle in the house!

moondog Mon 18-Aug-08 19:40:03

Make silver foil parcels with some veg and a bit of oil and squeeze of lemon. Seal, cook for 15-20 mins.

lucysmam Tue 19-Aug-08 09:23:07

in oven moondog? smile. thanks for all the advice/suggestions btw, much appreciated!

moondog Tue 19-Aug-08 14:17:02

Yes,sorry. Shouldhave said that.
Or defrost, pat dry and dip in beaten egg then flour. Fry, turning gently after 2/3 mins.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now