Talk

Advanced search

Please can I have some load loaf cake suggestions

(6 Posts)
Pennies Wed 13-Aug-08 11:30:55

Making a cake for a friend and want to do a loaf cake of some sort but don't know what works well in a loaf format!

All suggestions and recipes very welcome.

TIA.

Pennies Wed 13-Aug-08 11:31:29

Gah! Sorry re. odd title - small children clamouring for attention here.

Flier Wed 13-Aug-08 11:33:24

banana loaf? here

Lilymaid Wed 13-Aug-08 11:33:55

Lemon Drizzle Cake - and variations - lime/orange etc.
Chocolate marble cake.
Chocolate sponge
Virtually any cake.

stirlingmum Wed 13-Aug-08 11:50:49

I have a nice recipe for banana & chocolate loaf.
Or a tangy marmalade loaf cake.
Or a good old fruit loaf.

If you want any of those recipes let me know and I will post later.

I make all my cakes in a 2lb loaf tin now - using the cake tin liners from Julian Graves.

Use a simple recipe of 2 eggs, 4oz SR flour, sugar and butter/stork plus teaspoon baking powder. All into one bowl and use electric whisk. Straight into papercase in tin and into oven at 180deg for 40-50 mins.

Add grated lemon rind and ice with lemon juice and icing sugar and hey presto, lemon drizzle.

Replace 1oz flour with cocoa - chocolate sponge - just add chocolate butter cream.

Handfuls of nuts or chocolate chips, teaspoon of vanilla, orange version of lemon cake above - possibilities are endless !!

Or, a variation of OJ's lovely Choc Orange Cake - make choc sponge as above just add rind of orange to it !

Yum tastic - no wonder me and DP have gained nearly 1/2 stone each in the 6 months we've been together. We do get thru a cake a week !!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now