Talk

Advanced search

Do you think this is irresponsible?

(65 Posts)
CountessDracula Mon 14-Feb-05 13:18:01

Just noticed Greggs the baker round the corner from my work are advertising a special lunch deal - 2 x Jumbo Sausage Rolls, a can of coke and a doughnut for £2.

That doesn't seem to offer a healthy balanced diet to me. In fact I think it is outrageous that they can call it a meal, it is just a really unhealthy pig-out. They harp on about social responsibility on their website but obviously this doesn't extend to their customers.

Shall I complain to them?

Twiglett Mon 14-Feb-05 13:19:05

oh go on .. if you can be bothered

or just call a local paper and point them in the direction of the store and the website

CountessDracula Mon 14-Feb-05 13:19:42

I could send them an email
Not too hard really!

beachyhead Mon 14-Feb-05 13:19:48

sounds bloody good though!!!!!

vict17 Mon 14-Feb-05 13:20:09

I agree, is it near a school too as kids would use their sandwich money for that little lot!

CountessDracula Mon 14-Feb-05 13:20:09

Eurgh no it doesn't! Their food looks repulsive, honestly!

suzywong Mon 14-Feb-05 13:20:33

tell them you are already 29 stone and this kind of temptation isn't making things any easier

CountessDracula Mon 14-Feb-05 13:20:37

Don't know if there are any schools nearby but I bet they are running it in every store.

CountessDracula Mon 14-Feb-05 13:20:46

LOL!

vict17 Mon 14-Feb-05 13:23:06

whereabouts is your Greggs? we should all email and complain

CountessDracula Mon 14-Feb-05 13:33:08

In Eastcheap in the City

woodpops Mon 14-Feb-05 14:09:25

I expect it get's full of school kids at dinner as well taking up the offer. I find that really worrying. I think I'd be tempted to complain.

SeaShells Mon 14-Feb-05 14:17:11

No doubt someone will sue them in the future for it! That lot must contain all the fat and calories for a whole day! Yuk, I wouldn't buy it, greggs food is so greasy!

snafu Mon 14-Feb-05 14:25:19

God, sounds vile. Although in Eastcheap you're more likely to see lardy City boys dripping sausage fat down their Thomas Pink shirts than school kids, maybe!

I would complain, but then I'm in a complaining mood.

RudyDudy Mon 14-Feb-05 14:27:25

If you have the time and inclination then do it - would be interesting to see what they come back with.

Sounds disgusting!

lucy5 Mon 14-Feb-05 14:50:45

It does sound revolting but I'm sure there are far worthier causes to complain about. Sorry, no offence meant.

TwoIfBySea Mon 14-Feb-05 17:39:51

I do think that maybe workmen, who don't earn that much to be honest, would get ticked off if anyone complained and the offer was stopped.

Everytime I pass Greggs it is always full of the flourescent (sp?) jacket brigade. We can't ban everything just because kids might get it! Total nanny state.

wheresmyfroggy Mon 14-Feb-05 17:44:41

I agree with twoifbysea Greggs dont sell healthy food because they are a bakers and that is what they sell.

CarrieG Mon 14-Feb-05 17:49:36

Not like a) you HAVE to buy it or b) they don't do reasonably OK sandwiches as an alternative.

I know what you mean re: concern for school kids - there's a decidedly plump lad in my form who's been known to truant in order to visit the chippy followed by the bakery in the village - since I returned from Maternity Leave I've noticed that he's lost quite a bit of weight.

Turns out he's taken up smoking & the lunch money won't stretch to chip butty, cream bun AND 10 fags every lunchtime...<sigh>

FineFigureFio Mon 14-Feb-05 17:49:38

sounds like my lunch

anorak Mon 14-Feb-05 17:50:11

I don't want to live in a country where people are sueing macdonalds because they have become obese eating their food.

As long as we have information we are responsible for our own choices.

Socci Mon 14-Feb-05 17:50:53

Message withdrawn

FineFigureFio Mon 14-Feb-05 17:51:57

happy hour is my favourite hour
just have to remember to take the children home with me

lunavix Mon 14-Feb-05 18:06:55

Even Greggs sandwiches are vile.

misdee Mon 14-Feb-05 18:08:17

do we really live i na socity where its ghastly to eat junk food as our own free choice?. tbh i'd have trouble eating one large sausgae roll let alone 2. and i am overweight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now