Veg box arrives on Thursday and will contain:

new poatoes
bunched carrots
bunched onions
mushrooms
ridge cucumbers
bunched beetroot
batavia lettuce

In the freezer we have chicken legs, diced pork , mince and frozen peas. Store cupboards have usual chopped tomatoes, sweetcorn, herbs and spices etc.

This week we had lovely broad bean pasta stuff, curry, casserole....am not feeling inspired though. Cucumber and lettuce for lunches so that leaves me with...beetroot...am not a huge fan, it tends to get hidden in beefy stews but it is summer.

Am not feeling inspired.

So that is dp, ds and I for a week from Thursday grin

mrsmalumbas Tue 12-Aug-08 14:02:10

Could you roast the beetroot? It tastes really nice then. Roasted new potatoes are yummy too. You could make a cottage pie and serve with the carrots and peas?

Not sure about the other stuff - my food plan this week is chicken casserole (yesterday), pork chops with roast veggies tonight, salmon done somehow or other tomorrow, veggie chilli with sour cream, guacamole and grated cheese on thursday, and toad in the hole on Friday, possible lasagne Saturday. Not very exciting perhaps.

Collision Tue 12-Aug-08 14:11:01

Chicken and mushroom casserole with rice

Roasted beetroot and feta salad (DELICIOUS)

The veg box is very boring imo. It is mainly salad with potatoes and carrots!

Mushroom Risotto

Cottage Pie

Indith Tue 12-Aug-08 14:21:28

Cheers people.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks it is boring! Last week was so much nicer.

Cottage pie or spag bol or something was on the list anyway, I find it very useful for the end of the week to use up all the odds and sods.

hate mushroom risotto

Am going to have to try roasted beetroot aren't I......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now