Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What to do with shedloads of cold beef? No room in freezer...

(8 Posts)
AttillaTheHan Tue 12-Aug-08 13:17:02

DH bought a huuuge joint of beef for sunday lunch as friends coming. They didnt turn up so we decided to eat it yesterday, as no room in the freezer. We've now got most of it cold in the fridge. Any ideas on tasty ways to eat it up please?

Iklboo Tue 12-Aug-08 13:18:30

Warm it through with thick onion gravy and mash

Overmydeadbody Tue 12-Aug-08 13:20:42

What Ikboo said, plus beef and horseradish snadwiches for lunch, and a beef pie for tomorrow (lots of onion gravy, maybe some mushrooms or other veg, in pie dish with a pastry topping?)

Overmydeadbody Tue 12-Aug-08 13:22:16

If it's too much for you to finish by yourselves invite some friends round for dinner tonight!

You could shred it up and serve it with pancakes and veg like duck pancakes?

Or slice it thinly and stir fry it in an garlic soy and orange sauce and serve with rice?

Collision Tue 12-Aug-08 13:24:00

Dont judge this recipe as it is delishus! grin

tuna mayonnaise spread over the roast beef with salad.....fab!

Tis Italian you know!!

AttillaTheHan Tue 12-Aug-08 13:47:23

I'm sorry collision, I'm judging - it sounds gross... tuna mayo with beef (barf).

Thanks for all suggestions. I just couldnt think of what to do with it. Will prob go with Pie suggestion I think.

Ta

Collision Tue 12-Aug-08 13:58:47

I know Atila! <barf> but it is delicious!

very thinly sliced on a platter and DH (Italian chef) spreads tuna mayo over it.

jimmyjammys Fri 15-Aug-08 15:35:21

if you still have any left over, I would put it in a thai style salad with some crushed roasted peanuts on top - healthy and delicious!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now