Talk

Advanced search

Recipe for bread and butter pudding with no dried fruit in it?

(11 Posts)
Pinkjenny Tue 12-Aug-08 11:22:06

Looking for the above really! Don't like dried fruit, so does anyone have any alternatives??

OrangeCrush Tue 12-Aug-08 12:50:15

I hate dried fruit too - it is the devil's food so I often just leave it out, and put plenty of nutmeg in between the layers of bread with a bit of brown suger, its just as nice really. My other alternative is to spread the bread with butter, then marmalade instead of the sugar - yummy tangy B&B pudding.....! You could probably use jam too?

belgo Tue 12-Aug-08 12:50:58

I've been known to use nutellablush

CountessDracula Tue 12-Aug-08 12:52:04

I second the marmalade one
it is great

OrangeCrush Tue 12-Aug-08 12:52:47

Damn it! I'm going to have to go home and make it now...

Pinkjenny Tue 12-Aug-08 13:11:13

Anyone have a recipe??

OrmIrian Tue 12-Aug-08 13:11:46

Banana.

Pinkjenny Tue 12-Aug-08 13:18:09

Banana sounds good - recipe please OrmIrian

OrmIrian Tue 12-Aug-08 14:41:07

Recipe??

I don't really have one. Sorry. I could make one up I suppose. I just make it as normal but add slices of banana in place of dried fruit.

OrangeCrush Thu 14-Aug-08 15:38:26

I wonder what it would be like if you used coconut milk for the custard bit...and then sprinkle dessicated cocnut on the top bit of bread to make it crunchy? could combine with choc spread or the banana suggestion for a totally tropical taste??!!

Ooo, or you could put Baileys in with the custard - would it curdle do you think?

Or instead of bread, use stale cake for the layers. Not that I would ever have cake around long enough for it to go stale... blush

PortAndLemon Thu 14-Aug-08 15:41:36

Make it with pain au chocolat instead of bread for a chocolate pudding (I like this if you steep cardamom pods in the custard mixture before adding to bread as the chocolate/cardamom combination really works for me).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now