Talk

Advanced search

Chicken for dinner tonight - what can I make?

(8 Posts)
chloemegjess Tue 12-Aug-08 10:14:06

Hello. I have put some chicken fillets in the slow cooker for dinner tonight. I was planning on making a chicken cassarole, but now DH will be home for dinner, and he doesnt like it. It needs to be something suitable for a 7 month old, and to freeze to eat at later dates.

Was thinking chilchen rissoto? Could this be done in the slow cooker? Without stock cubes or gravy as too salty for 7 month old.

Any ideas?

chloemegjess Tue 12-Aug-08 13:12:35

Can I put rice in with it? I might just do chicken and rice, and then me and DH can have gravy, but dd can just have it as it is.

Would still like to hear other ideas though!

Iklboo Tue 12-Aug-08 13:14:18

Do chicken casserole for you and DD and tell DH to get chippy for being so fussy smile

chloemegjess Tue 12-Aug-08 13:30:30

We have no money, and he would love to get chips on his way home! Seriously, we have NO money at all

chloemegjess Tue 12-Aug-08 13:30:30

We have no money, and he would love to get chips on his way home! Seriously, we have NO money at all

Iklboo Tue 12-Aug-08 13:33:04

Hmmm - what else do you have in?

blueskythinker Tue 12-Aug-08 13:45:06

how about cous cous? My DC love it with a bit of gravy. And it is dirt cheap. You can also finely chop anything you have knocking about the fridge - veggies, herbs, dried fruit, nuts etc.

I've never done risotto in a slow cooker - not so sure how that would turn out.

chloemegjess Tue 12-Aug-08 15:58:25

Don't have any cous cous in I am afraid. Will add it on my shopping list for when we get some money though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now