loader

Talk

Advanced search

flapjack recipe please . . .

(7 Posts)
lucysmam Mon 11-Aug-08 14:53:34

never made it before but would like to try, tia

stirlingmum Mon 11-Aug-08 17:00:37

I make these fruity flapjacks and they always turn out lovely - you could always leave out the fruit if you dont want it...

120ml/4fl.oz golden syrup
150g/5oz butter
50g/2oz demerara sugar
225g/8oz porridge oats
150g/5oz dried apricots, chopped small
75g/3oz raisins or sultanas

put syrup, butter & sugar in saucepan and heat gently till melted (I do this in microwave for 30secs or so).
mix together oats, apricots, sultanas and then pour in syrip mixture.
stir thoroughly until all dry ingrdients are coated with syrupy mixture.
put into baking tin 16.5cm x 26cm and press down & then bake in preheated oven (170c/325f/gas 3/fan 150) for 25 mins

lucysmam Mon 11-Aug-08 17:23:01

thanks stirling, fruit sounds good to me, will try anything once! could you put other types of dried fruit in as well?

stirlingmum Mon 11-Aug-08 17:55:58

Yes, my smallest likes them with the fruit in and you could add any dried fruit. I dont always go with the above recipe I try different things like dates etc.

The other dc aren't too keen on the fruit so you could leave it out or, as a treat, put chocolate drops in.

lucysmam Mon 11-Aug-08 20:39:34

ooh, good idea stirling. Bit healthier i guess than buying lo a bar of choc or something sweet if she's a good girl for me through the day. Thanks for the recipe, am off to get ingredients tomorrow to try them out. Will investigate some different fruits as well i think

FairyMel Mon 11-Aug-08 21:25:34

I make flapjacks with cherries in. They never last very long!
I make individual ones in a well greased muffin tin rather than baking tin because they always crumble when I try and cut them otherwise!

lucysmam Mon 11-Aug-08 22:04:47

fairy, thats a good idea! haven't got many tins as ive only just started learning to cook/bake so think i will try that. oh doesn't like fruit in flapjacks apparently (you learn something new everyday) but im sure i know a little girl who would like cherries in them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now