Talk

Advanced search

Pork runs out today , no freezer space, how many days would you keep it before throwing.

(4 Posts)
shinyshoes Mon 11-Aug-08 14:04:00

I had a BBQ saturday for daughters Baptism.

I bought some fresh pork chops from Somerfield, the date it runs out is today. I have absoltely NO freezer space whatsoever. I can't have them tonight as I'm cooking a lamb joint for tea that also runs out today.

How many days would I be able to keep it before I need to throw it. would I be able to get away with 2 days past its sell by? we have 8 pork chops, they are too large for 2 per person, there are 4 in the family, so i'm looking at eating pork for 2 days hmm.

Ta Muchly

AMumInScotland Mon 11-Aug-08 14:16:30

Is it really a sell-by date or is it a use-by date? TBH I wouldn't take chances with pork. Any chance you can cook it today? Maybe casserole while the oven's on. I'd be happier with it cooked on the last day then eaten over a day or two, personally.

hopefully Mon 11-Aug-08 14:20:59

I would cook today, or tomorrow at the latest, if it looks ok, and then eat over the next 24-48 hours.

shinyshoes Mon 11-Aug-08 14:26:58

excellent, will do that then, cook today and eaten over the next couple of days.

UI have a 7 month old that eats what we eat, but i'll find her something else as our guts are a little tougher than hers wink

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now