Talk

Advanced search

Rules for freezing soup

(5 Posts)
rascalboys Sun 10-Aug-08 12:48:16

ok, so I'm not usually organised with meals and my home cooking is not the most adventurous but this week I am going to be majorly stressed, have loads on and want to feed my family nutritiously but on a budget!

Am about to go to Lidl to stock up on loads of veg and I was thinking I could make loads of soup this afternoon while I have time and then freeze it.

Stupid questions but how do I freeze it? And what in? and then how do I reheat? Can I reheat in a saucepan? Microwave on the blink.

Please help, thanks!

BreeVanderCampLGJ Sun 10-Aug-08 12:50:34

Well we use plastic milk containers, make sure you rinse them out thoroughly. We also use old ice cream cartons. Anything goes really.

Just take it out, the night before and then reheat it, in a pot.

rascalboys Sun 10-Aug-08 12:52:03

oh so you have to defrost it in the fridge first?

ImnotMamaGbutsheLovesMe Sun 10-Aug-08 12:52:36

Make your soup but only add a little seasoning and flavouring as freezing may alter the strength. You can always add more when you come to eat it. Cool quickly. Don't add cream or egg yolks at thei stage, add after thawing and reheating.

To freeze
Pour into a rigid container leaving 2.5cm headspace. Remove the air, label and freeze.

Freeze for 3 months

To thaw and then reheat

reheat from frozen in a saucepan or in the mircowave on full power, breaking up the forwzn block and stirring frequently until piping hot throughout.

Alternatively. leave to defrost at room temp for about 3 hours, then reheat. Taste, reseason amd add cream and egg yolks if necessary.

SazzlesA Sun 10-Aug-08 12:53:07

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now