Talk

Advanced search

APPLES

(7 Posts)
leesmum Sun 10-Aug-08 08:43:42

Right i need some inspiration smile

I have just got 3 carrier bags of bramley apples off our tree, and other than pie and crumble has anyone got any other ideas what to do with them? Thanks

yawningmonster Sun 10-Aug-08 08:53:17

Have you got a dehydrator? We get loads of apples off inlaws and ds loves slices of dried apple.

StellaWasADiver Sun 10-Aug-08 08:55:28

No suggestions, sorry, but I will be watching as I have a giant apple tree in the garden.

How long do they keep for and how should they be stored?

leesmum Sun 10-Aug-08 09:03:29

No we haven't got a dehydrator but slices of dried apple sounds nice, i suppose i could do this in the oven.

Stella once they are picked i like to do something with them within a week, make sure you give them a really good wash cos there can be loads of tiny little grubs on them.

yawningmonster Sun 10-Aug-08 09:05:03

oh juicing is another thing we do with the excess off pil farm

leesmum Sun 10-Aug-08 09:09:48

When you come to stew your apples use diet lemonade instead of water and sugar, it tastes nicer and fewer calories.

Freckle Sun 10-Aug-08 09:13:24

Stuffed apples? Core them whole, fill the hole with sultanas, raisins and sugar. Score around the outside of the apple or the skin will burst. Bake in the oven until the apple is soft. You can put other things in the hole, such as spices, etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now