Talk

Advanced search

recipe ideas please!

(6 Posts)
rascalboys Sat 09-Aug-08 22:57:16

I'm so bored with our usual meals. We tend to have a couple of roasts a week, spag bol, fresh pasta and sauce, jacket potatoes, shepherds pie (family fave), something and chips once a week, a curry using a jar, salads, omlettes, that's about it!

Anyone got a good recipe for a filling nutritious soup and a balti that even my little ones would enjoy? Any other quick easy and nutritious recipes would also be appreciated. Thank you!

frisbyrat Sat 09-Aug-08 23:27:06

Tomato soup:
Fry chopped onion and garlic til soft, add bacon bits and fry, tip in tin of chopped tomatoes, and some fresh diced tomatoes. Top up with bit of water, and dash of concentrated tomato paste. Simmer for 20 mins, with a couple of bay leaves in it. Thicken with flour/water paste. Add salt (quite a lot) and pepper to taste. If kids are fussy, put in blender to make it non-lumpy. Serve, garnished with chopped parsley. Good with homemade croutons (dice stale bread, fry turning quickly in a pan of very hot malted butter).

frisbyrat Sat 09-Aug-08 23:28:11

How about toad-in-the-hole?

Collision Sat 09-Aug-08 23:41:38

These are the meals we eat regularly

butternut squash soup
chickpea soup

Chilli con carne
Burgers

Chickpea, bacon and rosemary pasta
Pasta with broccoli and anchovies
Spaghetti with tomatoes and mozzarella

Risottos (lots of varieties)

Lamb curry
chicken curry
Dhal

Pizza
toad in the hole
sausage and mash

roasted belly pork
roast chicken

Beef stew with polenta and gorgonzola
chilli chicken and noodles
Fajitas
Lentil and borlotti bean casserole
Tuna Pasta Bake
Tuna and borlotti beans

Chicken Caesar Salad
Hot Sausage Salad
Salad Nicoise

Let me know if you want any recipes.......

rascalboys Sun 10-Aug-08 11:42:06

ooooohhhhh Recipe for burgers and risotto please! oh and chilli chicken please! oh and chicken curry please! yum yum, quite excited now!

I can do toad in the hole, lol, I can do tuna pasta bake.

Collision Sun 10-Aug-08 16:53:09

Burgers are very easy!

Minced beef
1 chopped onion
garlic
1 egg (just because I dont like the meat too clogged up and this seems to lift it slightly)
Fresh herbs

Mix all the ingredients up together. Form into burgers. Fry. Add slice cheese and put in a burger bun. Serve with HM chips and salad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now