Talk

Advanced search

Chicken with 40 cloves of garlic.

(12 Posts)
falcon Sat 09-Aug-08 21:40:39

I'm planning on making this tomorrow, I've never roasted a chicken in my life.

Does anyone have any good recipes or advice?It'd be much appreciated.

I know Nigel Slater has a recipe for this, but unfortunately Google isn;t working for me at the moment, so a link to this or other recipes and tips would be very welcome.

TheQueenIsDead Sat 09-Aug-08 21:41:20

40? A bit much, no?

Pruners Sat 09-Aug-08 21:42:14

Message withdrawn

AddictedToMyEarplugs Sat 09-Aug-08 21:44:06

Glad I'm not snogging you the next day!1

Is that the right recipe?

SilkCutMama Sat 09-Aug-08 21:45:48

If you've never roasted a chicken - here is my absolute fail safe way of making it the best ever
(I'm afraid it does not involve 40 cloves of garlic)

Put a peeled potato and a peeled onion into the cavity. Pour a litle oil onto bird. Make sure tin foil is wrapped close to bird otherwise it will steam and not roast

It will be moist and tasty

(I suppose you could put a couple of cloves in there as well if you wanted smile)

Enjoy and good luck

AddictedToMyEarplugs Sat 09-Aug-08 21:47:22

It will be a right pain if you have to peel each clove.

Pruners Sun 10-Aug-08 08:29:40

Message withdrawn

BreeVanderCampLGJ Sun 10-Aug-08 08:32:45

I do a Nigella with loads and loads of garlic and lemon, the garlic and the lemon just caramelise and the flavour is divine.

DaisyBuchanon Sun 10-Aug-08 08:33:45

I go for a lemon, halved, about three cloves of garlic and whatever herbs I can find in the cavity. I don't use foil. Sausages arond the chcken and bacon on top after the first 40 mins or so stop teh skin from blackening and helps make a good gravy. Tip the chicken occasionally to get the juices out to add to gravy.

Tinkjon Mon 11-Aug-08 22:09:46

Are you definitely supposed to peel the cloves? I think I've heard that the flavour is lovely and delicate if you don't peel them...

jura Mon 11-Aug-08 22:11:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Califrau Mon 11-Aug-08 22:12:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now