Talk

Advanced search

A quick and easy valentines meal.

(13 Posts)
marj Sun 13-Feb-05 15:37:19

I am hoping someone will be able to help me. I am not the best cook in the world but would really like to make something nice for dh tomorrow evening.
I would plan to eat after ds goes to bed but can do preparation in the daytime.
Would be grateful for any ideas anyone has for main or dessert courses. Thankyou!!

Yorkiegirl Sun 13-Feb-05 15:38:57

Message withdrawn

marj Sun 13-Feb-05 15:40:40

Dont really mind as long as I dont have to be Gordon Ramsey to put it together!

galaxy Sun 13-Feb-05 15:42:46

Beef in burgundy or coq au vin or a fillet steak with pepper sauce?

emmatmg Sun 13-Feb-05 15:42:51

boiled egg and soldiers.

well you did say quick and easy

snafu Sun 13-Feb-05 15:44:45

A nice rare steak? Never fails for me

Yorkiegirl Sun 13-Feb-05 15:48:22

Message withdrawn

Merlot Sun 13-Feb-05 15:50:52

Last year dh cooked me a great Weight Watchers Valentine meal - really tasty, not too heavy and ideal for getting you in the mood for Lurve..

I noticed that there web site is showing some similar recipes this year too. Have a peek here

snafu Sun 13-Feb-05 15:57:44

Mmmm, rare fillet steak, some crunchy green beans, bearnaise sauce and chunky chips! Definitely the way to a man's heart.

Although the chips might be tricky...

Merlot Sun 13-Feb-05 15:58:49

Also, this is a delicious, easy, definitely not Weight Watchers starter

Smoked Salmon and goats cheese (4)

170g smoked salmon chopped
300g Chavroux goats cheese (or similar ie rindless)
3 tsp horseradish
2 tbsp fresh dill chopped

Mix together above. Decorate plates with rocket, cherry toms and wedge of lime. Place metal ring in centre and spoon in goats cheese mixture. Serve with melba toast or pitta bread.

marj Mon 14-Feb-05 09:35:37

Thanks everyone! Now I just have to decide which recipe to choose. The steak sounds like a good safe bet!

MancMum Mon 14-Feb-05 10:10:59

I maay have mentioned this one before but as a romantic desert goes it is a totally winner - toberlone fondue... melt a large toberlone and add small tub of double cream -- dip in strawberries, fruits, marshamallows, bits of cake.... totally divine and very sexy!!

marj Mon 14-Feb-05 15:40:23

Oh my god! Have just seen your dessert and it sounds fabulous. No good for my diet but I can blow it for one night! Am off to tescos!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: