Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Calling all veggies...

(6 Posts)
yogabird Fri 08-Aug-08 17:59:56

we are going to have a week without meat or fish. Where do i start with menu planning? We have a well stocked garden with spinach, beans - broad, french and runner, squashes, spuds, beetroot, I have cans of mysterious beans black eyed, etc.. in the pantry . We are willing and keen dd's are worried about their roast on Sunday though. I would welcome any suggestions for what yummy things we could have smile

NoBiggy Fri 08-Aug-08 18:26:26

You can do a roast with roasted root veggies and yorkshire pud, plus your usual trimmings. If you needed a meat substitute you can buy a vegeroast or quorn roast (prefer veggie roast myself). Or health food shops do loaf things (as a dried mix). Or have a hunt round for a lentil roast.

My kids like rice and lentils with tomatoes and spinach, all mixed up. Or grains (spelt or ebly) with mixed beans and finely diced veggies. Pancakes, pasta very often, a veggie sausage once in a while. Today they've had dahl and rice with poppadoms.

There's a nice pasta dish where you have the pasta, new potatoes and french beans, with pesto as I recall.

Trying to think what my mum does when she has veggies visiting...fritata, rissotto, quiches, jacket spuds. We used to have mushroom tart, that was very easy. Sliced mushrooms fried with garlic and parsley, put on rolled out puff pastry and baked. We need to have that again

Oh yes, stir fries. We seldom have them but I think they're popular.

Enjoy your week!

littlerach Fri 08-Aug-08 18:28:10

Underated did a huge list on anoher recipe thread.

Will try and find it.

sarah293 Fri 08-Aug-08 18:29:42

Message withdrawn

littlerach Fri 08-Aug-08 18:30:01

here

It is brilliant.

yogabird Fri 08-Aug-08 18:34:14

wow!! i am in awe of underated! and enthused!
thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now