Talk

Advanced search

anyone any idea what to do with the huge bag of rice ive just found whilst clearing out my cupboard?

(12 Posts)
lucysmam Fri 08-Aug-08 17:34:25

it's still well in date before anyone says check it or throw it! its only plain old white rice i think but any interesting suggestions would be good. tia xx

Roseylea Fri 08-Aug-08 17:39:17

Make paella (not authentic but still yummy), risotto (ditto), rice pudding (ditto), rice salad, biriyani, egg fried rice / special fried rice, and use cooked leftovers to make fishcakes (you need plenty of egg to bind it).

THere you go - one rice recipe for each day of the week!

lucysmam Fri 08-Aug-08 18:15:28

thanks roseylea, no idea how to make paella but will google later when oh has watched footy. or rice pud for that matter. or egg fried rice <adds to already huge list of things to google>

NigellaTheOriginal Fri 08-Aug-08 18:17:11

Hang out at nearest church tomorrow and gatecrash a few weddings

FluffyMummy123 Fri 08-Aug-08 18:17:33

Message withdrawn

lucysmam Fri 08-Aug-08 18:17:55

lol Nigella, could be fun

chloemegjess Fri 08-Aug-08 18:18:33

Maybe just google "rice reciepes" or similar?

lucysmam Fri 08-Aug-08 18:18:57

iCod, thats a mean suggestion, besides knowing my luck when me and oh tie the knot she'd be there to return the favour!!

Love2bake Fri 08-Aug-08 18:19:33

rice salad
curry
chilli con carne

lucysmam Fri 08-Aug-08 18:21:19

Love2bake, i meant to actually make something out of the rice itself rather than as an accompaniment to something if that makes sense. rice salad could be interesting though. I might just experiment and see what i come up with

DabblingInDisaster Fri 08-Aug-08 18:25:31

chicken or bacon in bits fried.
cucumber/peppers/carrot/peas (all, any and others!)
let rice + meat oll slighly
mix together with 2 dollops of salad cream! yummy scrummy!!!!

lucysmam Fri 08-Aug-08 18:50:47

salad cream Dabbling?? Could be interesting so will give it a go!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now