Talk

Advanced search

sausages - what can I cook to please ervyone??!

(12 Posts)
flirtygerty Fri 08-Aug-08 13:53:01

I want toad in the hole, DS won't eat the yorkshire bit, DD will only eat pasta, and neither will eat mash or stew type things.

Shall I just put my head in the over?!

Cappuccino Fri 08-Aug-08 13:54:12

make what you want

if they don't eat it they don't eat it

rebelmum1 Fri 08-Aug-08 14:01:29

They'll have to go hungry shock

ImnotOK Fri 08-Aug-08 14:03:47

Repeat after me "I am not a cafe ,I am not a cafe"

Give them what you want to make as my Grandma would say you a making a rod for your own back.

Toad in the hole sounds nice.

stirlingmum Fri 08-Aug-08 14:07:33

I agree with majority - I stopped giving dc options because they all want something different.
I would make what you really want and they can eat or not!

rebelmum1 Fri 08-Aug-08 14:09:53

You'll just have to make a lot of ummm yummy noises when you eat it.

Iklboo Fri 08-Aug-08 14:11:16

Chips grin

flirtygerty Fri 08-Aug-08 14:16:35

You're all right - I know you are!! I was hoping there would be some magic secret ingredient that I could use that I'd forgotten/not known about.
Think it might be called 'gin' actually.......

flirtygerty Fri 08-Aug-08 14:16:47

You're all right - I know you are!! I was hoping there would be some magic secret ingredient that I could use that I'd forgotten/not known about.
Think it might be called 'gin' actually.......

stirlingmum Fri 08-Aug-08 14:18:45

oooh, sausages and gin!!

Shall give that a try later grin

Pheebe Fri 08-Aug-08 15:18:58

Personally, I often end up making several versions of the same meal. TBH it doesn't take that much longer, is less hastle and means we all get to sit down together and eat together food we all enjoy.

I'd probably do toad-in-the-hole for me with boiled pots or chips and just shove the sausages in the oven for DH & DD and a batch of pasta so she gets her carbs.

You'd be surprised how easy it is to do tailored versions of the same meal tbh. I work full time and so usually only have about 30-45 mins to prepare tea

<<puffed up supermum emoticon>> wink

BlingLovin Fri 08-Aug-08 19:48:41

Sausage pasta? Really easy and delicious?..

push the sausages out of their skins and break into chunks and fry lightly with fennel seeds (about one teaspoon per packet of sausages). Add zest of one lemon, one chopped garlic clove and stir in. Throw in approx 100ml each of wine and milk and let bubble for about 5 minutes - you want it reduced, but frankly, it doesn't matter if it's reduced a lot or a little. Mix with a tablespoon of creme fraiche and serve with pasta, parmesan etc.

To add some veggies - throw some peas or spinach into the pasta while it's cooking and baste with the sauce at the same time as the pasta. And/or toss in a handle of chopped tomatoes at same time as adding garlic and lemon.

No yorkshire pud I'm afraid, but a bit of delicious creaminess for you, pasta for DH?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now