Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Healthy snacks for 8 yo

(13 Posts)
Mikafan Fri 08-Aug-08 10:37:12

DS2 seems to be permanently hungry. He's just emailed me asking what he can have for lunch (I'm at work) which he wants now because he's hungry I need some ideas on stuff to keep in the house for him to eat between meals as a change to the normal apples, bananas and breadsticks he normally eats. He's got a nut allergy and doesn't like sesame seeds and really is not very adventurous at all. Any ideas gratefully received. Thanks.

Mikafan Fri 08-Aug-08 12:13:18

anyone?

Lomond Fri 08-Aug-08 12:15:41

yoghurts, wholemeal toast, dried fruit?

FabioTheLiterateCat Fri 08-Aug-08 12:16:08

carrot sticks
rice cakes (banana on top)
crackers

Othersideofthechannel Fri 08-Aug-08 12:17:08

sandwiches/toast

yoghurt with banana and honey

flapjacks

FabioTheLiterateCat Fri 08-Aug-08 12:18:18

Boiled eggs
Babybel cheese
Dairylea dunkers

<runs>

Mikafan Fri 08-Aug-08 12:40:59

I'm trying to keep him away from too much dairy at the moment as he's just had an operation on his adenoids/nose and dairy makes his snotty nose worse (TMI - sorry)

NotQuiteCockney Fri 08-Aug-08 12:42:27

Sliced meat?
Avocadoes?

You say 'healthy' in the thread title - is he overweight? If so, lots of fruit, hummous and vegetables to dip? (Hummous does have sesame seeds in it, but it doesn't taste that much of them.)

Overmydeadbody Fri 08-Aug-08 12:43:43

crackers and oatcakes

toast

crumpets

scones

dried fruit

ghosty Fri 08-Aug-08 12:45:50

crackers and marmite?
toast?
My 8 year old quite like cereal for a snack
crackers and dips?
carrot and cucumber sticks and dips?

Just as a matter of interest, is he at home while you are at work?

Overmydeadbody Fri 08-Aug-08 12:47:50

Cook up a few loaves of this, make them varied, then when they have cooled, slice them all up thivkly, open freeze the slices on trays, then when frozen stack in tupperware bozes, keep in the freezer, and when he is hungry he can help himself to a few slices, defrost them in the toaster and eat!

Mikafan Fri 08-Aug-08 13:04:20

He's not overweight no, I just don't want to give him bags of crisps for a snack thats all I meant.

He is at home while I work though not on his own I hasten to add.

ghosty Fri 08-Aug-08 13:09:03

OK - phew smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now