Talk

Advanced search

Delia's curried parsnip soup

(10 Posts)
Rowlers Sat 12-Feb-05 17:30:30

Has anyone ever tried this ? I hope that link works..
If so, is it any good and can it be adapted? I haven't got groundnut oil and can't be arsed roasting cumin seeds etc.
Anyone?

WideWebWitch Sat 12-Feb-05 17:36:34

I wouldn't worry about not having groundnut oil, use whatever oil you've got. Have you got ground cumin and coriander? And if you've got cardomom, you're going to have to take the seeds out whatever aren't you? I would have thought the recipe will taste quite different if you left them out altogether but I would substitute ground instead of toasting seeds, can't see the difference would be that dramatic. It's a bit of a hassly recipe isn't it? Haven't ever made it though.

trefusis Sat 12-Feb-05 17:38:03

Message withdrawn

trefusis Sat 12-Feb-05 17:39:02

Message withdrawn

Rowlers Sat 12-Feb-05 17:40:42

We've been given a load of huge parsnips by a friend from her allotment and I don't want to just let them rot and although I love roast parsnips, I think we'd be eating them every day for months. Sounds like it would be nice but I'm not a fiddly cook, I'm more of a lob it all in the pot type.
I'll give it a go!
Thanks WWWitch!

Rowlers Sat 12-Feb-05 17:42:50

Trefusis, thanks for that. It's just that I don't actually have seeds but have a cupboard full of ground spices.
And I don't have a bramley, just eaters like Pink Lady and Braeburn.
It's only for DP and me though so if it's not quite right, I don't suppose it matters!

WideWebWitch Sat 12-Feb-05 17:43:39

I'd leave out the cardomom then and use ground coriander and cumin. You'll get the gist of the recipe.

trefusis Sat 12-Feb-05 17:46:35

Message withdrawn

WideWebWitch Sat 12-Feb-05 18:15:30

Hey, rowlers, look what I just found while looking for a recipe for another thread. FORTY ways to cook parsnips!

Rowlers Sat 12-Feb-05 19:13:37

Ooh some fab recipes there, well done!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: