Talk

Advanced search

Evaporated milk / Condensed milk - making a right hash of making Millionaires Shortbread

(5 Posts)
OneLieIn Thu 07-Aug-08 14:04:03

You know you have those days when nothing goes quite to plan. Well, today is mine. I need some help with a recipe.

I am making millionaire's shortbread, the caramel bit according to nigella has condensed milk, golden syrup and butter in it. I accidentally added 1 extra tin of evaporated milk into the mix and now am standing here 30 minutes later waiting for this to turn into caramel- will it ever turn?

What can I do? I cannot throw it away, because I can't be arsed to go to the shop and get more to make more.

KnickersOnMaHead Thu 07-Aug-08 15:19:26

Message withdrawn

Hassled Thu 07-Aug-08 15:25:47

Yes, I think all you can do is double everything and hope for the best. Boil like a madwoman

tattyted Sun 10-Aug-08 22:15:12

Hi you can buy the condensed milk that has already been turned into the caramel.I have seen it in the supermarkets its still made by carnation and even has a recipe for millionaires shortbread on the back of the tin ,hope this helps

OneLieIn Sun 10-Aug-08 22:16:37

I made it OK surprisingly in the end. I just boiled it for an hour and it went caramelly. Its not perfect, but its so sweet you cannot tell.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now