Talk

Advanced search

just wanted to pass on this yummy (& cheap) recipe...

(20 Posts)
stirlingmum Tue 05-Aug-08 19:28:23

I buy minced lamb once in a while and usually make a kind of ragu and we have it with pasta... but today I searched on t'internet for new ideas with lamb mince and found this Keema Lamb recipe and it was lovely.
Even the dc ate it all.
I think the coconut flavour was nice and creamy and as one of my dd's is allergic to dairy, that was a nice change.

The mince was £2.20 in Tesco and the rest was stuff I had in the cupboard/fridge.

micku5 Wed 06-Aug-08 09:45:12

Thanks for that... been looking for new recipes to add to my collection.

KnickersOnMaHead Wed 06-Aug-08 11:22:38

Message withdrawn

JackieNo Wed 06-Aug-08 11:28:59

That does sound nice, and really easy too. I quite like the Delicious magazine - saw it a the ILs' house, and was impressed with the recipes in it.

spokette Wed 06-Aug-08 11:32:08

I make it with mince beef and it is tasty.

FioFio Wed 06-Aug-08 11:36:36

Message withdrawn

stirlingmum Wed 06-Aug-08 13:25:24

I love Delicious Mag too - Get it every month.

This month the layout changed a bit and there are more weeknight suggestions - really useful.

I am sure it would be fine with beef or pork mince. Might try pork next time, but lamb adds a nice flavour.

I have some left over so am going to make some pasties with puff pastry for later!

KnickersOnMaHead Wed 06-Aug-08 13:56:10

Message withdrawn

stirlingmum Wed 06-Aug-08 15:15:26

Will let you know!

As long as they pass the kid test!

stirlingmum Wed 06-Aug-08 20:54:38

Update....

I made 6 pasties with the remainder of the mince mixture and they were very tasty.

So that was 2 nights dinner!!

KnickersOnMaHead Wed 06-Aug-08 21:58:54

Message withdrawn

stirlingmum Wed 06-Aug-08 22:19:14

Good on yer, Knickers!!

I buy the ready rolled puff pastry (Jus-Rol, i think) and that is nice.

FioFio Tue 12-Aug-08 12:10:40

Message withdrawn

stirlingmum Tue 12-Aug-08 13:43:00

Thanks for letting me know fio!

traceybath Tue 12-Aug-08 21:46:48

I made this with thai green curry paste and minced beef and minus the tomatoes as didn't have any but it was absolutely delicious!

My 4 year old ate every scrap with rice and green beans and broccoli.

Thank you!

flipflopper Fri 15-Aug-08 22:37:19

I made this the other night- it was gorgeous and they all ate up. I added some green beans and used tikka masala paste, but there are a lot of other things you could do wtih it- I will add it to my repertoire!
Thanks for the link

stirlingmum Fri 15-Aug-08 22:41:03

Thanks Flip & Tracey - I made it with Tikka Massala paste too & thought it tasted lovely.

Anything the dc will eat is great!

huffpuff Fri 29-Aug-08 22:23:06

sounds lovely - will try this tomorrow night for tea - not really good with spicy foods though so which paste would you suggest? Sorry to be thick!

stirlingmum Fri 29-Aug-08 22:37:08

I used the Pataks Tikka Massala paste (in a jar) but would work well with the Thai Taste paste which is in Tesco and Sainsbury's (on the shelf, not chilled, in a plastic tub). Just dont use a lot of the paste if you want it mild.

The coconut milk helps to make it a bit more creamy though!

huffpuff Fri 29-Aug-08 22:39:41

thanks - and did you add any of your own spices or just as the recipe says? Cant wait to try this!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now