Talk

Advanced search

Can you freeze Petit Filous?

(9 Posts)
Waswondering Mon 04-Aug-08 16:28:12

Tesco shop was delivered today with 18 petit filous, which go out of date on the 9th. Grrr.

Can you freeze them?

belgo Mon 04-Aug-08 16:29:20

I think you can stick an ice lolly stick through the top, freeze them and then you can eat them as ice creams?

Tinkjon Mon 04-Aug-08 17:47:09

I'd phone Tesco and complain that the eat-by date was too soon and they'll prob refund you the money, they're really good like that. Not sure about your original question though!

LIZS Mon 04-Aug-08 17:48:11

you can freeze the tubes .

Waswondering Tue 05-Aug-08 22:16:00

Didn't phone Tesco as too late now . . . have frozen one and switched it to the fridge to see how it is tomorrow once defrosted . . ..

Would you like me to let you know?

wrinklytum Tue 05-Aug-08 22:20:08

You can freeze those Frubes ones that come in tubes.I am sure they must all be similar?Also I have eaten fromage frais that have been a couple of days past the use by date and am still here (SNIFF TEST FIRST,THOUGH)

WendyWeber Tue 05-Aug-08 22:22:26

I would think they will freeze fine - when defrosted they will probably separate a bit, but can be stirred back together. (I'm sure frubes do too but squidging sorts them out)

(fwiw people in this house regularly eat yogurty things which are weeks out of date blush)

BlueDragonfly Tue 05-Aug-08 22:25:10

is it a best before date? or use by?

you can freeze petit filous but i think it says to do with with a wooden lolly stick in. they will prob be fine.

We are another household of sniff testers!

missmama Tue 05-Aug-08 22:28:38

I have always frozen them. You just stir them up a bit once they are defrosted and you are ready to eat them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now