Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I have just made Nigella's granola and it's yummy!

(9 Posts)
Bumperlicious Sun 03-Aug-08 17:59:54

I have developed an unhealthy obsession with the M&S granola and yoghurt pots and at £1.30 a pop it is not doing my bank balance any good.

So I've made Nigella's and it is yummy, recipe here. I am going to eat it with yoghurt tonight. Helpfully Julian Graves near me has an everything half price sale on so I got a few of the ingredients there. By the way the raisins are supposed to go in after you've toasted the granola. Don't forget or you will spend 15 minutes picking them out of a honey, syrupy, oat mixture!

Guadalupe Sun 03-Aug-08 18:02:51

looks delicious

I have nigella brownies n the oven atm, just made them with dd.

I should try the granola though, it is expensive to buy and I love it for breakfast with berries and mango and yoghurt.

Bumperlicious Sun 03-Aug-08 18:11:49

It's yummy, plus you can tailor it. I didn't put almonds in as I don't like nuts, and next time I might put some coconut in.

MakemineaGandT Tue 05-Aug-08 14:27:27

yes it is nice isn't it. I found it hard to track down one of the ingredients - malt rice syrup or something, can't remember. Did you use this or go for the "or you can use golden syrup" option?

AnotherFineMess Tue 05-Aug-08 14:35:12

Her breakfast bars are lovely too. Easy, cheap, healthy & filling - I love 'em!

Bumperlicious Tue 05-Aug-08 20:59:08

I used golden syrup G&T as I had some in the cupboard, didn't even try and look for the other stuff.

I'll have to check the breakfast bars out.

FiveGoMadInDorset Tue 05-Aug-08 21:02:10

I have a lovely granola recipe that uses maple syrup.

Wilkiepedia Tue 05-Aug-08 21:05:37

Is it healthy? As in low fat? I have an addiction to Muller Crunch Corners but this looks better to me. Plus I am bored with Shreddies in a morning...

FiveGoMadInDorset Tue 05-Aug-08 21:16:10

300g oats
100g flaked almonds
50g pumpkin seeds
50g - sesame seeds
50g - sunflower seeds

125ml - maple syrup
2 tablespoons of honey and vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract

Mix all the above together and cook at 150 for 15 mins.

Then mix in

100g of dried fruit (can be anything)
50g dessicated coconut

and cook for a further 15 mins.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now