Talk

Advanced search

dp brought 'reggae reggae sauce' anybody else cooked with it?

(8 Posts)
hughjarssss Sat 02-Aug-08 12:05:19

What did you cook with it?

NigellaTheOriginal Sat 02-Aug-08 12:06:26

DH does the cooking but i've taken t eating it wth everything.
good with salad, in sandwiches, with chicken, dipping crisps. etc etc. my fave condiment at the mo.

JacobsPrincess Sat 02-Aug-08 12:12:24

Great stuff mixed with a splash of orange juice for a marinade. I buy pork ribs and slowly cook in the marinade in the oven.

hughjarssss Sat 02-Aug-08 12:16:19

Lucky you! My dp burns everything, I try to keep him away from the cooker unless I fancy a visit from the firemen

I was thinking of marinating some chicken in it and serving it with rice.
dp is not a huge fan of rice though, has anyone got any really nice rice recipes IYKWIM?

hughjarssss Sat 02-Aug-08 12:17:33

dp would love it with it with pork ribs, hadn't though of that. How long do you cook them for Jacobs?

JacobsPrincess Sat 02-Aug-08 16:58:04

I stick it all in a casserole dish and cook at about 140 to 160 for a couple of hours. Keep checking it every now and then and turning them. If you want them sticky, take the lid off once the sauce is bubbling.

savoycabbage Sat 02-Aug-08 17:07:23

It's best to put the sauce on overnight or even longer. My West Indian MIL marinades her meat for a week.

We have it with ribs or chicken thighs with rice and peas.

rice and peas

JudgeNutmeg Sat 02-Aug-08 17:13:02

I slopped a bottle onto chicken pieces last week and roasted them for 40 mins. Was quite tasty but did remind me of brown sauce to be truthful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now