Advanced search

If im making home made lasagne to freeze

(10 Posts)
stoppinattwo Sat 02-Aug-08 09:33:37

do I cook it first and then freeze it??

JulesJules Sat 02-Aug-08 09:35:19

I usually freeze lasagne uncooked.

AnAngelWithin Sat 02-Aug-08 09:36:02

i cook mine first but i use the 'hard/dried' lasagne sheets. im not sure if you have to if your using the 'fresh' lasagne sheets if that makes sense?

stoppinattwo Sat 02-Aug-08 09:37:17

I have the hard dried ingredients....the shop bought frozen ones seem ready cooked but i just wasnt sure

castlesintheair Sat 02-Aug-08 09:38:36

I cook it first and I use fresh lasagne. I sometimes cut it into portions for the DCs before freezing if I am feeling particularly domesticated.

popsycal Sat 02-Aug-08 09:39:00

i always cook and freeze the left overs...

stoppinattwo Sat 02-Aug-08 09:39:53

lol castle....domestic goddess moments are rare in my house grin

JulesJules Sat 02-Aug-08 09:39:53

I use the hard lasagne sheets too, I don't precook them before making the lasagne up, just put in the freezer at the point you would put it in the oven to bake. Works fine!

stoppinattwo Sat 02-Aug-08 09:42:13

cool....thankyou everybody.....DD and I are having a bit of a cooking day today, we are making scones, crispy cakes and Im making a lasange too but have too much stuff so will split it up grin DP will think I have been wife swapped wink

gerbo Sun 03-Aug-08 17:49:31

Well I freeze mine cooked, and it's completely fine (just made with regular dried lasagne sheets)! Enjoy cooking - did you make some?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now