Talk

Advanced search

What can I do with blueberries? Muffins?

(14 Posts)
Goober Fri 01-Aug-08 11:49:34

I'm just back from Tesco, their blueberries were reduced to 60p a tray, so I got 2.
Origionally I thought I'd make muffins with them, but as they are fresh will they be too wet for the recipe?
What else can I do with them?
It really isn't a bargain if you don't actually need the item, is it? When will I learn?

littlelapin Fri 01-Aug-08 11:52:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Goober Fri 01-Aug-08 11:55:18

Hmmmm, I was trying to do the 'entertain thy children by baking together' thing.
So, just stick them on the table and let the greedy little buggers dive in eh?

moondog Fri 01-Aug-08 11:56:40

I woud have eaten the lot meself before getting home.

Goober Fri 01-Aug-08 11:57:36

No, I was too busy eating white chocolate mice on the way home. They were lush!

littlelapin Fri 01-Aug-08 12:02:37

mistypeaks Fri 01-Aug-08 12:03:57

Goober - I did the same as you, so I'm lurking with vested interest. I hate raw blueberries but love blueberry muffins!!

Goober Fri 01-Aug-08 12:04:15

I only asked as whenever I buy them they have the dried/candied fruit in. I wondered if they'd make it too wet.

Goober Fri 01-Aug-08 12:04:55

Lurk away.

littlelapin Fri 01-Aug-08 12:09:27

stirlingmum Fri 01-Aug-08 13:38:54

You can make a lovely sauce for pancakes or ice-cream.
Put the punnet of blueberries in a saucepan and put low heat on. Add a couple of glugs of maple syrup and mix it around. Let it bubble gently for a couple of minutes and then take off heat and allow to cool.
Scrummy!

woodstock3 Sat 02-Aug-08 21:39:29

pancakes - use a basic recipe for american type pancakes (good one in how to be a domestic goddess). when you're cooking the first side, drop handful of berries onto the uncooked top of the pancake, then flip it and cook the berried side. they will sort of squish into the pancake and cook. scatter a few more on top. pancake batter easy to make with dcs as they dont need very good stirring
and yes you can make muffins.also good in apple pie

Goober Sat 02-Aug-08 22:47:09

I made muffins. Now all gone. Another trip to Tesco me thinks.

mistypeaks Sun 03-Aug-08 21:35:30

I made muffins too . . . They were yummy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now