Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I am about to go shopping ,would it be cheaper to get all my fruit and veg from Greengrocers or Supermarket do you think???

(12 Posts)
ImnotOK Fri 01-Aug-08 11:30:56

Really want to support local GG but need loads ,should I give it a go or do you reckon it will end up costing me a fortune .

I usually spend around 20.00 a week on fruit & Veg in the supermarket .

moondog Fri 01-Aug-08 11:31:35

I would go to GG. While they last. Are a dying breed.

Washersaurus Fri 01-Aug-08 11:34:41

My local GG costs the same/more than tesco and quality is poor. I get my fruit off a man in the market and veg from lidl

rebelmum1 Fri 01-Aug-08 11:35:18

Without a shadow of a doubt and it will be BETTER quality.

rebelmum1 Fri 01-Aug-08 11:36:02

5 close every week and most ARE cheaper than supermarkets - use it or lose it!

ImnotOK Fri 01-Aug-08 11:37:53

I will use it ,when I have used it before the stuff has always been great quality and the lady is really friendly but I have only bought things like cherries for the kids to take into the park and stuff.

I will report back on my findings later wink.

Goober Fri 01-Aug-08 11:42:29

I use Lidl.

rebelmum1 Fri 01-Aug-08 11:44:00

grin

Tapster Fri 01-Aug-08 12:02:58

I'm statistically very lucky as I have two local greengrocer's however, both on a very busy road so lots of added pollutants and both have terrible quality fruit and veg which is not that much cheaper than the waitrose round the corner.

Getting a veg/fruit box delivered better quality but I did a price comparison with Ocado and Ocado came out cheaper.

ImnotOK Fri 01-Aug-08 12:04:12

I got a veg box I didn't really like it ,I'm luckily that the GG near us is in a shelterd precinct so fingers crossed.

ImnotOK Fri 01-Aug-08 12:04:12

I got a veg box I didn't really like it ,I'm luckily that the GG near us is in a shelterd precinct so fingers crossed.

badgermonkey Fri 01-Aug-08 12:07:19

Our local greengrocers are all rubbish - no cheaper really and with a crap range (iceberg lettuce, watery tomatoes, etc etc). Also the shops are so small and I hate being watched while I shop - makes me feel really uncomfortable.

Market stalls are usually OK though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now