Talk

Advanced search

Easy recipe for a veggie to cook with a chicken breast.

(5 Posts)
Ebb Wed 30-Jul-08 17:53:14

I am veggie but DP is not. Have a chickenbreast and would love some simple recipes as I tend to bung meat in the oven and cook it to death. blush I'm sure Dp would appreciate something edible. grin Any ideas? I have a gas cooker. Thanks in advance.

moondog Wed 30-Jul-08 17:54:58

Stir fry with veggies, soy and chilli sauce.I wouldn't handle meat if a veggie mesalf.

thornrose Wed 30-Jul-08 17:56:28

I would cut it in half but not all the way through, (butterfly shape) then bash with a rolling pin so lovely and thin. Marinate it for a bit in olive oil, herbs and lemon juice then pan fry or grill, it's yummy and quick because it's so thin!

LoveFood Wed 30-Jul-08 17:57:16

Boneless chicken breasts? Do you have a steamer? Steam the chicken with herbs/salt/pepper/chilli - whatever works for you - then just as it's almost cooked through, put it under the grill with some feta cheese on top and some olive oil for a couple of minutes. The feta melts slightly and by steaming it the herbs/spices/whatever haven't lost their delicate flavour. abd grilling at end and herbs makes it look better than if it's just steamed only.

HolidaysQueen Thu 31-Jul-08 16:47:56

i'd cut it into small pieces and poach it in boiling water (only takes a few mins) and then add it to his portion of whatever your favourite veggie stir fry is.

alternatively, flatten breast, dry with kitchen paper and season well. heat a few tbsp of olive oil in pan, add sliced garlic and fry slowly until golden then remove garlic. pan fry chicken in the garlicky oil - about 5-6 mins each side. add knob of butter and baste chicken with oily, buttery juices. once chicken cooked through and has crispy bits then it is simple to chop up for adding to salad, pasta sauce etc.

you are very nice, cooking him chicken when you are a veggie!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now