Talk

Advanced search

Jam

(5 Posts)
Jambuttie Tue 29-Jul-08 17:48:21

What's your favourite recipes?

Want to do some and use fr homemade xmas gifts this yr. Was thinking of doing jam, tablet and not sure what else as gifts

Also dows anyone know where I can get persoanlised labels? Want them to say made by the little hands of ???????

Jambuttie Tue 29-Jul-08 21:03:19

can i ask too please once I make the jam how long a life will it have? Probably a stupid question lol

lululemonrefuser Tue 29-Jul-08 21:25:40

At least a year, although you will eat it all up long before then!

I recommend Marguerite Patten's book, which is the absolute gold standard for jam & preserves. Link here
Recipes by the WI are good too. It is really vital to follow a good reliable recipe and sterilise the jars properly (not difficult, you just need to be meticulous.

Labels - try Martha Stewart's website for printable templates for all sorts of things - bet there is something suitable.

My favourite is damson.

Good luck!

Jambuttie Tue 29-Jul-08 22:06:12

hanx hun

Got some lovely labels on ebay just need to wait on them arriving.

I kinda thought it would have quite a long shelf life but wanted to double checkblush Just thinking when I should make the jam erm like now with the tons of fruit we have lol

Jambuttie Fri 01-Aug-08 17:51:46

Just made my 1st btch f jam and its lush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now