Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

microwave chocolate cake

(5 Posts)
boudicca Wed 09-Feb-05 13:53:38

I used to have a recipe for one but stupidly I let a friend borrow the piece of paper and she lost it.It was made with oil,cocoa powder,sugar but I can't remember the quantities, timing etc.The topping was delicious, sort of fudgy, and it was sandwiched together with double cream. It was my dD's favourite and both of them used to have it for their birthday cake every year. Don't suppose anyone knows/has the recipe ?

kernowcat Wed 09-Feb-05 13:56:10

sorry no but thought a bump may help!

Babblan Wed 09-Feb-05 14:10:06

Don't have a recipie for topping, but this is a cake that works in the microvawe. Maybe it can help you remember?

50 grams of butter to be melted in whatever you are going to bake the cake in! Mix the leftover butter (what is not needed to grease the tin) with the following
3 eggs
300 ml sugar
a pinch of salt
4 table spoons cocoa powder
vanilla essence
150 ml flour

and cook in microwave for approx 6 minutes. (1000 watts)

boudicca Wed 09-Feb-05 19:06:41

Thanks Kernowcat, and Babblan that looks interesting, I seem to remember the topping used up most of the rest of the tin of cocoa + lots of sugar.I've tried experimenting in the past,but only suceeded in spending/wasting lots of money !
The things I do for chocolate cake!

Twiglett Wed 09-Feb-05 19:12:29

a microwaved cake

well I never

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now