Talk

Advanced search

valentines recipe suggestions.please help!!

(18 Posts)
clairebear2502 Wed 09-Feb-05 12:15:46

hi i want to cook a three course meal for my boyfriend for valentines day. i really would prefer it to be quick and simple and not too expensive withthe main meal having chicken as i dont eat any other meat.thanks

Nickinha Wed 09-Feb-05 12:21:18

Best ever never failed delicious main meal!!!! Stole my mans heart :-)

75ml Honey
50ml Mustard (ready made)
60ml Butter
5ml Curry powder
1 whole chicken in pieces.

on stovetop - mix all ingredients together (exept chicken) until it forms a sauce. Add chicken pieces and keep turning them in sauce for about 5 minutes.

Place chicken in oven dish and pour sauce over. Cook for about 30 - 45 min until golden brown. QUICK, EASY AND VERY TASTY. Serve with potato chips and crisp mixed salad - sure to be a winner. Let us know how it went if you tried it.

clairebear2502 Wed 09-Feb-05 12:26:09

hi thanks very much.what gas mark do you cook it on and in top or middle of oven? thanks.i will prob try and let you know how it went!! :O

Nickinha Wed 09-Feb-05 12:31:51

I usually do it on gas mark 4 or 5, just stir it till it begins to bubble a bit, then lower the heat. Middle of the oven works for me everytime. Word of warning though - once he eats this you wont be able to get rid of him! That will be him caught in your net. ha ha ha

clairebear2502 Wed 09-Feb-05 12:34:02

ha ha that is def what i will be cooking then. Saves me drugging him and holding him hostage.prob a safer option too!! thanks so much for your help!!!! :O

Nickinha Wed 09-Feb-05 12:34:49

Oh yes - for starters...... Little salt biscuits with half a t-spoon mayonaise, dash of tobasco sauce (very little), and a mussel on top.

For desert, buy chocolate chip muffins. Slice them into layers, buy custard sauce, Layer muffin, custard, muffin, custard.... When you serve the main dish, pop the pudding into the stove at the very lowest heat. When you have finished your main meal, you will have a lovely hot chocolate pudding ready that he will think you spent hours cooking...

fisil Wed 09-Feb-05 12:35:22

Delia's chocolate & hazelnut roulade for pud (I often miss out the hazelnut). It is divine. A bit fiddly, but soooo tasty, we do it for every romantic meal we do!

clairebear2502 Wed 09-Feb-05 12:38:13

wow these recipe are great.im going to end up being spoilt for choice now!! thanks

clairebear2502 Wed 09-Feb-05 12:52:48

just out of interest how do you measure 60ml of butter.ive only ever done ounzes.do you melt it first then measure it? thanks

Nickinha Wed 09-Feb-05 12:54:22

60ml is 12 teaspoons full. each teaspoon measures 5ml, or a tablespoon is 15ml which means only four of them

clairebear2502 Wed 09-Feb-05 13:08:13

ah thanks your a star!!!

Tipex Wed 09-Feb-05 21:16:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

clairebear2502 Thu 10-Feb-05 08:18:56

hi thanks for the suggestion, what biscuits would you recommend to go with the ice cream?. might sound silly but what does dp mean,ive had a couple of people put it but havent a clue what it means.thanks

clairebear2502 Thu 10-Feb-05 08:21:34

actually me being silly just posted that message and then saw a list of what the letters meant.im v silly sometimes!!!

Tipex Thu 10-Feb-05 22:00:22

clairebear2502 Fri 11-Feb-05 09:10:33

thanks for replying, i actually got some strawberries and chocolate last night so that will be for the end of the evening i think. i shall have a look for the biccies at the weekend.

All i have to do now is finish work at one on monday pop to the shops to get the helium balloons i ordered filled, get home cook a three course meal and try and make myself look sexy in between. ARGHH!!!

think something is bound to go wrong but i have a bottle of champagne in the fridge so if all else fails i can just get him drunk!! HE HE

GOOD LUCK with the baby and im sure you ll have a fab valentines.get your man to buy you a takeaway and put your feet up and relax!!thanks so much for your help its really appreciated!!!
:0

Tipex Fri 11-Feb-05 21:07:49

clairebear2502 Tue 15-Feb-05 09:01:04

wow the evening turned out better than i ever could have imagined.i got everything ready and had a phone call asking me to go and give him a hand outside. got out there and was given a gorgeous bunch of 12 pink roses. (my favourite colour) which he actually had to go to 4 diff flower shops to find - he also got a parking ticket too - ooopss!! had a lovely meal and relaxed together all evening.truly was perfect!! thank you so much to everyone for there help and suggestions!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: