Talk

Advanced search

9 month had bug and now wont eat

(4 Posts)
kbaby Tue 08-Feb-05 22:12:47

Not sure to put this hear or in health section.
DD has had a tummy bug. She was a very good eater. She would eat anything I cooked for her but now she hardly touches her milk and after eating 2 mouthfulls doesnt want anymore dinner. She will eat all her yougurt or dessert. Im worried that shell lose weight as shes only 18lb now. Do I continue to try her with food or just give her desserts as at least shes eating something??
Help.

Laylasmum Tue 08-Feb-05 22:19:09

Give her what she fancies. having puddings esp yoghurt or custards are full of calcium and also have the high fat content she needs. is she still taking her milk? If so carry on don't worry her appetite will pick up again try finger foods bread and cheese etc instead of full cooked meals and offer food regularly through the day.

Laylasmum Tue 08-Feb-05 22:22:27

sorry just read that shes not taking much milk. yoghurts such as fromage frais have a high calcium content. give her as many as she wants!

kbaby Wed 09-Feb-05 21:24:28

Thanks laylasmum, I think im going to try finger foods tomorrow. Shes started pushing the spoon away now and making a right mess so maybe she doesnt want to be fed either. Ill have to take at a look of finger foods or snack foods that can be frozen or quick to prepare as I dont finish work until 5.30

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now