Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Defrosting Question

(6 Posts)
ChocolateGirl Tue 08-Feb-05 09:34:38

I got some pork out of the freezer intending to cook it on Monday - but didn't get round to it. Can I cook it today instead? Thanks

Newbarnsleygirl Tue 08-Feb-05 09:41:02

I take it you got it out yesterday?

I did that with a Chicken last week and it was fine.

I think it will be ok.

Snugs Tue 08-Feb-05 10:29:27

Depends how fresh it was when originally frozen.

Shop bought frozen meat, defrosted Sunday/Monday and kept in the fridge since will be fine today.

If you bought fresh meat and froze it yourself - did you freeze it immediately or keep it in the fridge for a day or 2 first?

ChocolateGirl Tue 08-Feb-05 12:38:56

Well, it was on offer when I bought it, so I imagine it was pretty close to the sell-by date. But I brought it home and shoved it straight in the freezer, so I don't know... the annoying thing is I put it in the freezer because I didn't have time to cook it and now the same thing has happened, I took it out of the freezer and didn't have time to cook it yesterday!!

Snugs Tue 08-Feb-05 12:43:18

I do that a lot. Now I've got into the habit of writing the date on the packaging when I freeze it - so I can compare the use by and frozen on dates IYSWIM

ChocolateGirl Wed 09-Feb-05 13:52:01

That's a good idea, Snugs. Think I'd better start doing that... the good news we've eaten the pork now and we all seem to be ok, so that's good!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now