We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I have some turkey stir fry stips - can I cook this for my 7month old and how?

(6 Posts)
chloemegjess Wed 23-Jul-08 11:31:42

Hello. I have bought some free range turkey stir fry strips from the reduced section - so need to be cooked asap. I would ideally like to make them into some babyfood for my DD as I find it quite hard to give her meat. I am doing purees.

The iinstructions say to either shallow fry or stir fry - do I NEED To fry them? I would love to do somehting in the slow cooker for her, so nice and easy to blend?

Does anybody know more than me? Sorry I am a bit rubbish!

What can I make and how? Needs to be baby friendly

igivein Wed 23-Jul-08 12:05:17

No they don't need to be fried, they'll cook just fine in the slow cooker, but don't forget that everything needs to be hot before it goes in there. Easiest thing to do:
cut them into cubes (they'll cook quicker).
put them in a microwave dish with a little water.
cover with clingfilm (pierce it a couple of times)
zap it on full power for about 5 mins.
cut a cube in half to make sure it's cooked all the way through.
Blend (with the cooking water)
Job done

chloemegjess Wed 23-Jul-08 13:09:23

I have never heard of stuff needing to be hot/cooked before going in the slow cooker? Surely thats the whole point is that it cooks the food throughout the day? I usually do joints of meat and whole chickens and usually just chuck in in straight from the fridge??

Now I know I can do it in the slow cooker - what meal can I turn it into for her?

igivein Wed 23-Jul-08 13:36:30

I didn't mean it had to be cooked to go in the slowcooker - but the contents have to be hot because the slow cooker won't heat them up properly from cold.

chloemegjess Wed 23-Jul-08 13:43:14

I still have never heard of doing this before and have been using the slow cooker for years. Dont want to poison my dd though! Are you sure thats right?

igivein Wed 23-Jul-08 14:57:09

The instructions with my slow cooker say things should be brought to boiling point before putting in the slow cooker, so I just always have.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now