Talk

Advanced search

six month old refusing solids

(4 Posts)
nicky111 Mon 07-Feb-05 20:00:24

Hi I'm new to this- but here goes.. I started weaning my DD at four months and everything was great but over the last few weeks she has become fussy about her food and is now refusing all but a few mouthfuls. I think she's teething and she is also waking in the night and BF quite a bit - could this be putting her off solids during the day? Any ideas what might tempt her to eat a bit more? is it just a phase?

TracyK Mon 07-Feb-05 20:03:57

do you mean she's refusing the spoon? prob wants finger food at this stage. offer her something to keep her hands active and then slip in some spoonfuls. my ds went through/goes through exactly the same - but give him some eggy bread that he can pick up himself and he'd wolf 2 slices!
Plus if she's teething - she won't want a spoon anywhere near her mouth. one day they eat like horses the next like sparrows. I know I stressed myslef out over ds not eating much - but he's still alive!

nicky111 Mon 07-Feb-05 20:09:26

yes - I give her bits of toast and she likes chewing on them. I think you might be right - will try to give her more finger food tomorrow. Thanks

TracyK Mon 07-Feb-05 20:12:47

I also ended up finger feeding ds myself as he really refused the spoon (unless it was pudding!) so little tiny sandwiches he would take from my fingers or fish cakes or anything with mashed potato to make it sticky and into little balls.
then just fill them up with greek yoghurt afterwards or milk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now