Talk

Advanced search

Give me your best salads please - particularly pasta salad and three bean

(3 Posts)
JoshandJamie Tue 22-Jul-08 10:58:15

I need ideas for salads for a BBQ we're having this weekend. 30 adults, 30 kids. Last year I did a big green salad with avo, pine nuts and mange tout, plus a big bowl of mini tomatoes with baby mozzarella balls and basil.

Want to do something different this year. Thought of doing a big greek salad but want ideas for others. I've yet to make a good tasting pasta salad, don't know how to do a good coleslaw and have no idea how to make a three bean salad but I know in SA there used to be a lovely curried one that was good.

Any ideas? Thanks

naomi83 Tue 22-Jul-08 11:12:29

pasta salad with sweet potato and leek. "sweat" leek, garlic and onion in a frying pan on low heat, chop sweet potato into small chunks and roast in the oven, cook pasta till al dente. add pasta and sweet ptato to leeks with a bottle of white wine and cook till most of wine is gone. serve hot or cold

JoshandJamie Tue 22-Jul-08 13:00:20

Thanks Naomi. A whole bottle of wine?! Does it all get absorbed? Sounds yum though.

Any other ideas - need to do my online shopping these evening. Please?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now