Talk

Advanced search

What shall I do for dinner!?

(11 Posts)
pinkspottywellies Mon 21-Jul-08 15:57:03

I'm hopeless. I wait til this time every day then realise I've got no time left and no ideas!! I've got loads of staples in the cupboards, fridge and freezer - just no inspiration.

Actually I wanted to do pizza but haven't got time to make base and tomato sauce! But I will do that tomorrow and make extra to freeze. [good intentions]

OsmosisBanana Mon 21-Jul-08 16:09:27

mushroom / pea risotto.

Frittata with salad and a chunky salsa

Is it sunny where you are?

Hot food or cold food weather?

theonlyfemale Mon 21-Jul-08 16:10:11

We re having the "feed your family for a fiver" pasta with bacon and courgettes! Yum!

Normally not so organised though! Normally its fish finger sanwiches! also v.yum!

TigerFeet Mon 21-Jul-08 16:11:22

I am stirfrying pork left over from yesterday's roast with mushrooms, peppers, courgettes and whatever else I can find lurking in the fridge.

What veg have you got?

pinkspottywellies Mon 21-Jul-08 16:12:46

It has been sunny. Now it's cold. The only thing I haven't got is risotto rice! They didn't have it last time I went shopping but it's on my list again for next time!

Omlette is a good idea. I have many many eggs!

No salad though - need to go shopping. OH NO!!! YES!!! I have lettuce in the garden grin Huzzah!

No courgettes or bacon!

OsmosisBanana Mon 21-Jul-08 16:14:51

do you have spinach?

OsmosisBanana Mon 21-Jul-08 16:15:26

spinach and lemon pilaf. Nice. We're having that tonight.

pinkspottywellies Mon 21-Jul-08 16:15:30

Mushrooms, peppers and onion in an omlette with whatever salad I can muster and some of that awful smoked sausage stuff (mattesons?) for DH so he doesn't think we're turning vegetarian wink

How does that sound?

TigerFeet Mon 21-Jul-08 16:16:31

I'd eat it [invites self round]

pinkspottywellies Mon 21-Jul-08 16:17:36

Yeah pop up! You'll be here by tea time! There's not much though so hope you're not too hungry!

OsmosisBanana Mon 21-Jul-08 16:18:19

Sounds fine. I always forget about omelettes and how useful they are.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now