Talk

Advanced search

igglepiggle birthday cake- will blue icing make kids go crazynuts?

(10 Posts)

Ds LOVES igglepiggle, I was going to do a a simple one for his first birthday cake, but the blue icing is worrying me. Is it going to make all the kids bounce off the walls?

Depends on the child and how much you use grin

Any food colouring turns my DD into the tasmanian devil.

DaisySteiner Mon 21-Jul-08 10:10:54

I never give children any birthday cake to eat at the party but send it home in the party bag so that they get hyper at home and not at my house their parents can decide whether or not to let them have it. grin

lucysmam Mon 21-Jul-08 10:12:12

maybe do white icing with just a tiny splash of blue food colouring in it, as little as poss so he's just a very pale blue?

wouldn't worry too much about kids bouncing off the walls too much, they get excited at parties anyway and most people serve cakes and sweets and not hugely healthy stuff with loads of colours in so a bit of blue icing isn't going to hurt. plus its only once isn't it!!

lucysmam Mon 21-Jul-08 10:12:14

maybe do white icing with just a tiny splash of blue food colouring in it, as little as poss so he's just a very pale blue?

wouldn't worry too much about kids bouncing off the walls too much, they get excited at parties anyway and most people serve cakes and sweets and not hugely healthy stuff with loads of colours in so a bit of blue icing isn't going to hurt. plus its only once isn't it!!

ELR Mon 21-Jul-08 10:14:05

send it home that way you dont have to deal with the aftermath!!

falcon Mon 21-Jul-08 10:24:55

I've never seen a children's party where they weren't bouncing off the wall, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Thanks, I won't worry too much then. I can't even think of the best way of making an igglepiggle cake!

lucysmam Mon 21-Jul-08 13:54:19

do a circle for head, rest in rectangles then ice & just 'paint' the rest of his features on. don't make it too complicated or you'll wish you'd never started!! I did that with thomas the tank cake for my lo's 1st birthday, put loads of effort in & made it way tooooo complicated

I've just had bloody mil on the phone going "tesco's do an ITNG cake! get one of those!" so I told her I was thinking of making my own and she goes "No point! get one of those!"

Er, there is a point actually, it makes it that much more special if I make his first birthday cake myself! She's already TOLD us we're having his birthday at her house, now she's telling us what cake to get, she's so pushy! grr.

Thanks for the cake idea, sounds good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now