Talk

Advanced search

The trendy new mufficncases....

(13 Posts)
Blu Sun 20-Jul-08 11:48:16

The ones that look like artlessly arranged brown paper, rather than crinkle-cut white paper cases - do you buy them? Make them from baking parchment?

Anyone know?

I am making spicy plum-duff muffins and thought they would look nice to give to friends.

MrsBadger Sun 20-Jul-08 17:13:31

made from baking parchment

JackieNo Sun 20-Jul-08 17:15:39

recipe here that includes instructions on how to do it (just shove it in, by the looks of itgrin).

FabioUnblogged Sun 20-Jul-08 17:19:41

If it's this sort of thing, I think it's DIY.

I want the silicone ones.

Blu Sun 20-Jul-08 21:03:14

Thanks...the ones holding over-priced muffins in chi-chi cafes look a bit more tightly folded and artisanish, but I will have a go.

Silicone ones very enviable!

expatinscotland Sun 20-Jul-08 21:05:56

sounds too faffy, all that cutting of greaseproof and squishing it.

largeginandtonic Sun 20-Jul-08 21:08:20

The silicone ones are fab, i use my alot. Much better than watching the kids peel of stuck on baking cases and usually sucking the stuck on cake off them!

dizzydixies Sun 20-Jul-08 21:11:57

these are fantastic

largeginandtonic Sun 20-Jul-08 21:29:17

Arrrgghhh that shop is great! I wish i had not seen it. I have cake supply envy.

MamaG Sun 20-Jul-08 21:30:14

<disappointed>

I thought this thread was about Supercook. They now sell their muffn cases in round plastic holders (like a mini tennis ball holder) rather than a square box and its ALL THANKS TO ME!

I wrot4 eto htem moaning that after a whiel the muffin cases take on teh square shape of the box and don't stay in your muffin tray when you're trying to fill them. They changd the design and sent me £2 voucher hmm

I was thrilled to read thread title and thought !oooh I can show off!

largeginandtonic Sun 20-Jul-08 21:38:51

WOW MamaG that is a claim to fame < impressed >

No really i am, how very cool. I have often thought the same thing when putting the cases in to the muffin pan!

Blu Sun 20-Jul-08 21:44:02

dizzy - yes! Those!

I see they are referred to as 'coffee-shop-style'!

MamaG Sun 20-Jul-08 21:44:16

<preen>

I told my mate that I'd written to complain and she laughed at me. She rang me a few weeks later shrieking that she'd just bought muffin cases in a round container grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now