Talk

Advanced search

lion birthday cake

(5 Posts)
Stargazing Sun 20-Jul-08 10:11:44

Many moons ago I made a birthday cake for my sister which was in the sahpe of a lion's head .. would like to make one for dd's 2nd b'day party next month, can anyone point me in the right direction? no idea how I did it last time!!

Stargazing Sun 20-Jul-08 10:12:05

the shape, I mean. Sorry.

Thankyouandgoodnight Sun 20-Jul-08 12:57:48

No idea officially but I would do 2 round cakes sandwiched together and then carve away the shape of the muzzle and then ice all over and add noodle hair (strawberry laces?? or piped icing of your chosen colour) etc.....

rachelp73 Sun 20-Jul-08 18:34:15

I did a really easy one from a cake decorating book. Easy but looked fab - just a round cake on a round cake board. Smear choc butter cream on cake and board and stick a mix of chopped nuts and choc hundreds and thousands onto cake board and round sides of cake.

Put a circle of ready roll icing (coloured yellow) which is a few inches less than the diameter of the cake onto the top of the cake, and put chopped up cadbury's flake around the edges of it to make the mane.

Then it's just a case of putting on some eyes and nose (brown icing), and a couple of ears (made out of yellow and pink icing). For the muzzle I just rolled out 2 small balls of yellow icing and squashed them down a bit, put them next to each other on the face and stuck a few strands of spaghetti out the sides of each for whiskers.

That's it. Oh, and a pink tongue underneath the muzzle.

Not sure if I've described that too well but I can send you a pic of the one I did if you want to give me your email address.

Stargazing Mon 21-Jul-08 19:43:34

yes please ! sounds great. It's sarahlinden22@yahoo.co.uk

thanks loads

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now