Talk

Advanced search

food shopping online at asda..any good? worried about short use -by dates, wrong stuff arriving

(9 Posts)
columbolover Sat 19-Jul-08 18:04:15

In a desperate bid to economise am going to try online shopping for food. This is to stop me spending every couple of days in the supermarket "just nipping in for milk" and spending £40. Then dh does the same on the way home from work too!This is in addition to the weekly shop shock

Now, whilst I appreciate I may still have to get milk for ds in between shops I'm going to go to local shop instead, armed with bare minimum of cash.

So,

do you get what you order?
could it work out cheaper?
and most importantly, will the dates be good? I don't want milk/meat/bread/yogurts to arrive just to go off the next day or so

Thanks in advance, and sorry if been done before smile

milknosugar Sat 19-Jul-08 18:08:14

i found fruit was rubbish but that might vary from store to store. thay are very good at refunds tho, they refunded me for all the rubbish fruit i complained about. try it and if its no good use local market in future. no problem with dates but dont eat meat so cant comment on that. i swapped to tesco because the clubcard points are so good. its only cheaper if you dont start your shop with a trip around the offers section

Jambuttie Sat 19-Jul-08 18:20:37

I used asda online too as we desperatly needed to save some pennies. I normally go armed with a list to the shop but get side tracked with the offers etc

Must say I aint never had a problem with them and have saved dosh too

PaulineMole1 Sat 19-Jul-08 18:23:28

Do it through mysupermarket.com as you can see things better than on the asda site IMO.

We have had asda delivery for over a year now and have had very few problems meat always at leat 3 days before sell by date and fruit is good .don't forget to google a free delivery code too

MARGOsBeenPlayingWithMyNooNoo Sat 19-Jul-08 18:25:59

I looked at the supermarket.com site - it's very good

MARGOsBeenPlayingWithMyNooNoo Sat 19-Jul-08 18:26:32

and surprisingly, ocado was 2nd cheapest

shinyshoes Sat 19-Jul-08 18:37:43

I've never had a problem with ASDA delivery, oh tell a lie I recieved 40 bread rolls that I didnt order, I rang them and they said if the driver wasn't back to collect them that night I could keep them.

He never came and 40 fresh bread rolls don't freeze well either.

I found ASDA instore and delivery to have very short shelf life anyway.

They have been late twice at most its been 10 minutes and both times they rang to tell me they were going to be late.

I would recommend definately.

columbolover Sat 19-Jul-08 18:39:18

Thanks for your quick response smile
I'll have a look at mysupermarket.com, thanks for the tip. And didn't know about these delivery codes, thank you!

GrapefruitMoon Sat 19-Jul-08 18:42:44

The only problem I've had with Asda was that their website was/is not compatible with Macs. May be ok now but wasn't the last time I used it.... the food was fine though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now