400g full-fat cream cheese
125g caster sugar
2 tablespoons plain flour
4 eggs
150g full-fat creme fraiche
250g hulled strawberries

oven at 160 degreesC or Gas Mark 3

line 20cm round springform tin with non stick baking paper

cut trifle sponges in half horizontally and then into triangles - arrange over base of tin so its completely covered

grate lime rind and then half & juice it

put cream cheese/sugar/flour into big bowl

seperate eggs, adding yolks to cream cheese mix & put whites into another bowl

whisk egg whites until thick

using same whisk (without cleaning) - beat cream cheese mix until smooth and then beat in the lime rind and juice

fold egg whites into cream cheese mix using a metal spoon until evenly mixed

pour mix ontop of sponges in tin and bake cheesecake for 50-60mins until pale golden brown & centre wobbles slightly

turn off oven and open door slightly & leave cheesecake in oven for another 15minutes approx

take cheesecake out and leave to cool

remove from tin and put it on a plate, spoon creme fraiche on top and smooth over with back of spoon then decorate with strawberries and chill until ready to serve

smile

micku5 Fri 18-Jul-08 20:30:37

Thank you smile

dizzydixies Fri 18-Jul-08 20:45:06

chocolate buttermilk cake here

sorry for delay but book had fallen down back of shelves and being 2wks short of 9months pregnant wasn't a pretty sight getting it out again blush

micku5 Fri 18-Jul-08 20:52:48

Oh I remember those days...... in fact dd2 is going to be 2 on Monday so it isn't that distant a memory smile

dizzydixies Fri 18-Jul-08 20:54:23

oh lovely, my dd2 was 2 in May and dd1 was 5 at beginning of July but I didn't do the cake myself blush I should have but I thought sod it and bought one grin

micku5 Fri 18-Jul-08 21:01:35

dd2 isn't fussy so long as its chocolate and has peppa pig on it. DD1 wanted spongebob (why?) so had to buy that.

Made all the fairy/butterfly and cupcakes though for her party was very grin with myself.

dizzydixies Fri 18-Jul-08 21:09:50

I did the cupcakes & crispies for the kids and muffins & lemon drizzle cake for the grown ups so slightly redeemed myself lol

dd1 wanted a Dora and Winnie Pooh cake so got a Winnie Pooh cake and stuck a Dora candle on it - she didn't notice so I think I got away with it grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now