Talk

Advanced search

summer pudding without sugar?

(4 Posts)
MummyToOneForNow Fri 18-Jul-08 17:59:51

Mil coming to lunch on Sunday and apparently she is tending towards type 2 diabetes so shouldn't be having added sugar. I was thinking about making a summer pudding - will it work as well without sugar? - we are happy with quite tart flavours so not worried about it not being sweet - just wondered is the texture will be ok?

mumlejumble Fri 18-Jul-08 23:23:40

Ooooh! My mum and grandma [and , now] cheat and add a sugar-free jelly..... it sweetens it only ever so slightly and helps it set rathre fabulously.

My MiL is type 2 diabtetes.....am very stuck for presents as she has always appreciated sweet treats (hope we didn;t make her ill...... blush]

MummyToOneForNow Sun 20-Jul-08 20:46:48

THanks for the reply - I didn't have time to get any sugar free jelly so just made it without any sugar - we had been given some redcurrants so I boiled those up first so they were fairly syrupy then added the frozen mixed fruit to soften. Worked pretty well and wan't too sharp in flavour (but dh thought the bread was a bit soggy sad)

mumlejumble Mon 21-Jul-08 22:07:11

Silly dh. I'd have eaten it and been glad!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now