Talk

Advanced search

Hand Foot Mouth Disease - food tips please?

(6 Posts)
FattipuffsandThinnifers Fri 18-Jul-08 13:32:47

My DS, 14 months, just diagnosed with Hand Foot Mouth Disease. Symptoms include painful ulcers on tongue, so I'm looking for ideas on food that won't aggravate it. Ice cream on its way, but any ideas for savoury food please? TIA.

(Also posted in Health but no replies!)

nailpolish Fri 18-Jul-08 13:38:35

my dd didnt eat anything the whole time she had hand foot and mouth
just ice cubes and ice lollies
it was about 5 or 6 days before she ate something proper

just as long as they have water it should be ok

and get some straws

i remember my dd was so poorly she poked her ulcer covered tongue out at he and said "please kiss it better mummy" sad

elmoandella Fri 18-Jul-08 13:39:36

scrambles egg? boiled egg with olive oil will slip down without chewing or much contact.
you get pouches like fruitapura but made with veg's. the fruit ones will sting.

belgo Fri 18-Jul-08 13:43:56

I remember I couldn't feed my dd1 her food - she wouldn't let me anywhere near her mouth with a spoon because of the painful ulvers - so I just had to give her a bowl and custard or ice cream and she fed herself some of it.

It can be very painful.

FattipuffsandThinnifers Fri 18-Jul-08 16:48:31

Thanks for the tips. He's not eating much at all, not even ice cream, but is drinking milk and water so hopefully at least won't be dehydrated. Just have to ride it out I guess sad

geekgirl Fri 18-Jul-08 16:53:40

oh, it's bloody horrid this, isn't it ? Ds had it at the same age and was properly poorly. IIRC he didn't eat anything for a few days and then just from frais for a few more days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now