Talk

Advanced search

Finger food recipes please. Easy to cook freeze and reheat - DS is 8 mths old.

(6 Posts)
Holymoly321 Thu 17-Jul-08 19:46:15

DS is 8mths and prefers to feed himself then let me spoon feed him. But he can't live on ricecakes and toast alone! But I can't really cook from scratch every time it's meal time - have a rampant toddler to deal with! Any one got good easy but healthy recipes that I can batch cook, freeze ad then reheat at mealtimes?

Habbibu Thu 17-Jul-08 19:48:34

Can you just give him some of what you eat? You'd be surprised just how much they can manage with their hands. And for other tips, see www.babyledweaning.com - otherwise know as Aitch's blog.

GordonTheGopher Thu 17-Jul-08 19:49:28

Salmon rissoles are yum - cook some salmon (or use from tin), mix with breadcrumbs, cooked spring onions and ketchup and voila! Form into cake shapes, cover with more breadcrumbs and stick in the freezer. Can be fried or just heated in microwave.

Holymoly321 Thu 17-Jul-08 19:53:28

HAb - only prob is I eat with DH who gets in after the boys are in bed. GtheG, they sound nice - we don't have a food processor, only a hand blender - how do I make the breadcrumbs? Plus are they a bit soggy if cooked in the microwave?

Habbibu Thu 17-Jul-08 20:00:50

Well, you could always give them leftovers the next day! For example, make double quantities of curry/chilli/pasta sauce - chill or freeze some, eat the rest yourselves and give it to DS the next day.

GordonTheGopher Fri 18-Jul-08 09:07:11

You can make breadcrumbs with a cheese grater.

Yes they are definitely better cooked in oven or fried up.

I think they are Annabel Karmel.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now