Talk

Advanced search

Anybody found a really good gadget for cutting bread???

(14 Posts)
MilaMae Thu 17-Jul-08 17:29:27

Preferably thinly.

KatyMac Thu 17-Jul-08 17:30:10

Electric carving knife

NB butter the bread before you cut it

SoupKitchen Thu 17-Jul-08 17:30:26

Bread Knife[Grin]

FabioUnblogged Thu 17-Jul-08 17:30:49

Practice is the key.

LackaDAISYcal Thu 17-Jul-08 17:31:30

the slicing machine in sainsbury/asda/tesco etc bakery wink

itati Thu 17-Jul-08 17:31:42

I got one from Lakeland but I can't find it on their site atm.

OverMyDeadBody Thu 17-Jul-08 17:32:22

a bread knife grin. It's the technique that is important.

wannaBe Thu 17-Jul-08 17:35:33

I have a guided knife which I got from the RNIB but i believe QVC also sell one. it's like a conventional bread knife but has a guide so you can cut straight.

wannaBe Thu 17-Jul-08 17:35:58

and you can adjust the guide for thicker/thinner slices

WendyWeber Thu 17-Jul-08 17:43:05

I have this thing (Evenslice hmm) from Lakeland - I can't believe I paid £16.50 for it shock

It does work though smile

MilaMae Thu 17-Jul-08 17:44:45

So how much were the Lakeland and guided knife things??? Do you think they're worth it???

I've got this plan to make a 2 or 3 of loaves in the oven Sun night all at once, will then slice when cool and freeze. Yes dp is slightly sceptical that I'll keep to it for long too. The slices need to be thin to make it worth while and my bread knife technique just isn't up to it grin

Can't cope with anymore cheap Plastic Asda bread soooo depressing 1st thing in the morning.Even the dc have gone off toast. Can't afford the bakery section bread anymoresad

PotPourri Thu 17-Jul-08 17:46:25

Practice and a good bread knife, adn full attentino. I am useless but have got better through time. I don;'t think any kind of gadget would help me, unless it was something along the lines of the ones they have in the supermarket - i.e. no intervetion required from me!!!

itati Thu 17-Jul-08 17:48:34

I think the knife was about ten pounds and it helps me. Hubby uses the electric knife but I'm not allowed to use that. grin

MilaMae Thu 17-Jul-08 17:48:47

Wendy my friend bought that one from the charity shop last week envy that I didn't get there 1st!!!!!!!!

So it is worth it then, may ask for it for my bday.

Sigh. Those days of getting frivilous gifts are well and truely gone,am officially turning into my mothershock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now